Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Girl In The Spider's Web

Options
  • 24-11-2018 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

I don't think there is a thread already for this one.

I loved the original Swedish movie, and although that is my favourite of the two, I also find Fincher's remake and Rooney Mara's performance very enjoyable and watchable too.

Claire Foy is a great and versatile actor. I can't fault her performance but this movie just didn't feel like a Lisbeth movie. It felt like a low quality Bourne knock-off. There is a sequence set in Stockholm airport that seemed like it was lifted directly from the Waterloo sequence from The Bourne Ultimatum. The plot was fairly dull and lacked any spark that made the Swedish movies so engaging.

And for the second time this year, there is a gifted child who can figure out complex problems (the other being The Predator). Probably not this movie's fault because the two moves probably were made around the time. Had this movie been better, I could have overlooked that.

I went in with low expectations and they weren't even met. 2/5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'd give it a good 7/10. I liked the story and there were some good set pieces. Foy did a great job. I can't remember liking the other Millennium movies, but I did like this one. Putting on my nerd hat, a some of the hacking/tracking was ridiculously fast. I thought the trailer gave a bit too much away, too...

Extra credit for not making Stephen Merchant attempt a dodgy accent....

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

Awful film. Really frustrating with absolutely no link to the Fincher film. When did Lizbeth Salander turn in to a distaff Jason Bourne? The plot was absurd, casting poor, and overall a mess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Surprised, solid first 90 minutes. Last 30 minutes absurd. Villain awful.

Advertisement