Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV box

Options
  • 23-11-2018 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭

Could someone please recommend a box to turn my TV into an android TV?
    Something that works smoothly with little or no lag?
    Haven't a clue so I'd appreciate any help at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭corks finest

blade1 wrote: »
    Could someone please recommend a box to turn my TV into an android TV?
    Something that works smoothly with little or no lag?
    Haven't a clue so I'd appreciate any help at all.
    You need an android box, Nvidia shield is number 1, Amazon, Netflix,iptv etc etc runs smoothly,also for gaming,but if you don't need a top spec one,there's loads for e60/100,pm me if u want more information,or Google Android box( with decent ram)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭blade1

You need an android box, Nvidia shield is number 1, Amazon, Netflix,iptv etc etc runs smoothly,also for gaming,but if you don't need a top spec one,there's loads for e60/100,pm me if u want more information,or Google Android box( with decent ram)
    Thanks,no gaming so just want a have a few apps like Spotify and Netflix to work nicely on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭davegilly

Thanks,no gaming so just want a have a few apps like Spotify and Netflix to work nicely on it.
    Outside of a Shield most of those boxes are junk. Get yourself an Amazon Firestick - the 4K one is on sale at the moment for £39.99 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭corks finest

davegilly wrote: »
    Outside of a Shield most of those boxes are junk. Get yourself an Amazon Firestick - the 4K one is on sale at the moment for £39.99 I think.
    Good advice

Is there much non pay stuff on them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

if you have them on your smartphone (as long as its not an iPhone not sure how good they work with them ) just get yourself a chromecast?

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    if you have them on your smartphone (as long as its not an iPhone not sure how good they work with them ) just get yourself a chromecast?

I have chromecast built into TV but when streaming a match or something when I get a WhatsApp message it freezes!!:mad::pac:

Advertisement