Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas gift for 11 yo boy

Options
  • 23-11-2018 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭

We are finding it very hard to choose a gift for our 11 yo boy for Christmas.
    He's gone past the "toys" stage and he has his games console with the games he likes plus the mandatory 'Fortnite' online.
    He has an up to date bike and go-kart for outside.
    We've asked him obviously but he said he doesn't know himself!
    I suggested clothes but was met with a resounding no from him- fair enough.
    He's big into technology. He loves STEM in school for example. But like I said he has his console and there's no way he's getting a phone yet. He doesn't like Lego or mechano BTW.
    I feel he's at an in between stage and I'd appreciate any advice from other parents of preteens who had similar issues.
    TIA.

To thine own self be true

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭joeguevara

A remote controlled drone could be great especially if he could do it with an older sibling or dad/relative. Was thinking of what I would have loved at that age and my dream present would have been a remote controlled aero plane but drone is probably the modern equivalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Thank you! I'll broach that with him.
    That would be something up his street although I'd have to warn him not to peep in any windows :D
    Any chance you are into gaming?
    I just saw something there online about a SCUF controller for the Play Station.
    He loves his PS and he's getting really competive playing against his friends. This controller seems to claim more percision when playing. If that's the case, he'd definitely love that.

Thank you! I'll broach that with him.
    That would be something up his street although I'd have to warn him not to peep in any windows :D
    Any chance you are into gaming?
    I just saw something there online about a SCUF controller for the Play Station.
    He loves his PS and he's getting really competive playing against his friends. This controller seems to claim more percision when playing. If that's the case, he'd definitely love that.
    While I would love to be into gaming my hand eye coordination sucks.

My mates son who is a similar age got a bow and arrow last year and goes every weekend practicing with his Dad. Absolutely loves it and is getting really good.

joeguevara wrote: »
    While I would love to be into gaming my hand eye coordination sucks.

My mates son who is a similar age got a bow and arrow last year and goes every weekend practicing with his Dad. Absolutely loves it and is getting really good.

I don't know about that.
    He was very disturbed today about the story from North Sentinel :D

I don't know about that.
    He was very disturbed today about the story from North Sentinal :D

Wouldn’t even have thought about that 😂😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

What about some decent Bluetooth headphones?

Siobh73 wrote: »
    What about some decent Bluetooth headphones?

Thanks Siobh but he's way ahead of me there with his savvy ones ðŸ˜

I posted in another thread about SCUF PS4 controllers and I think that that's a runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,310 ✭✭✭✭ted1

What about Lego robots or mindstorms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NSAman

Flying lessons?

NSAman wrote: »
    Flying lessons?

He's afraid of heights and I'd be afraid for my bank balance!

Advertisement