Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from Sean Kelly site.

Options
  • 23-11-2018 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows about the quality of gear from Sean Kelly's site, in particular these bib tights - https://www.seankellycycling.com/store/p22/Bib_Leggings_Pro_Minho.html it is stated tbey would be good for an 8 hour cycle.
    I also wonder does anyone have experience at the sizing, it is said they are loose fitting so go down a size, could that be right.

I can get these for half price, but would like to know is that value taking into consideration quality and price.

Thanjs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Does anyone have any knowledge if these please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭nilhg

Our club gear is Sean Kelly/Onda and it's fine, comparable to any of the other big name manufacturers.

Sizing is strange, go down a size in bib shorts/tights, I'd normally be a L, in Onda I'm a M for those, tops are standard sizing, I'm L in all the Onda tops.

Any dealings we've had with Barry who manages the Sean Kelly gear operation have been very straightforward, he has loads of gear to try for sizing, give him a bell I'm sure he'll sort you out

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

I dont think the ones ive linked are his own, but feck it, maybe ill just buy it and try it. Sure, i can always return them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭nilhg

wheelo01 wrote: »
    I dont think the ones ive linked are his own, but feck it, maybe ill just buy it and try it. Sure, i can always return them.

Looks like an Onda logo on the leg in the photo and they use the 4D pads in theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Got one of the cheaper shorts before and wasn't great but it wasn't at same price level as yours. Customer service very personal and good. Agreed with the comments on sizing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement