Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CZ 457 - coming in 2019

Options
  • 21-11-2018 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Has anyone else seen some of the images popping up in the last few days of the new CZ 457s that will eventually replace the 455 rimfires.
    Here is the Facebook page where it seems some Czech guy is putting up images
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/423518311440510/?tn-str=*F

The CZ 457 Premium looks fantastic. To me anyway.

And some info pilfered off RimfireCentral:
    Just talked with the folks at CZ. Here are a few details on the 457 --
    1) Should start to ship sometime first quarter of 2019.
    2) will be able to utilize 455 barrels and magazines - ie switch barrel
    3) Action is about 1/2 inch shorter than 455 action
    4) 60 degree bolt lift (I think that is what was said, for sure less than the 452/455)
    5) slide safety
    6) Nitride finish vs. bluing.
    7) The target/match version is considered a target rifle, not a sporting rifle.
    8) not plans to chamber in anything but 22lr, 22mag, 17hmr.
    https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1141557

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

About time they got rid of their worst feature, the safety!!

Every other rifle/shotgun slides forward, not pull backwards to fire.

Too stiff and noisy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

it might be more noisy and stiff, but ultimately its far safer as it actually prevents the firing pin from moving whereas the other designs only prevent you from pulling the trigger. You could throw a 452 off a cliff and it wont go off whereas drop the other and it has a very high likelihood of firing regardless if the safety is on or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

juice1304 wrote: »
    it might be more noisy and stiff, but ultimately its far safer as it actually prevents the firing pin from moving whereas the other designs only prevent you from pulling the trigger. You could throw a 452 off a cliff and it wont go off whereas drop the other and it has a very high likelihood of firing regardless if the safety is on or not.

But yet in an attempt to make it safe, they made more unsafe because its the opposite of what most people are used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭GooseB

iPPq

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Kran

I really like the look of that Royal. No pricing as of yet I assume?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

garv123 wrote:
    But yet in an attempt to make it safe, they made more unsafe because its the opposite of what most people are used to.

Don't agree at all I really like the safetyon both my 452 and 455

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭tikkamark

I have to agree I think the safety on the 455 is very good and unless you’re clumsy it is quiet.
    They are brilliant rifles for the money

Advertisement