Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for 2nd hand Xbox for SkyGo

Options
  • 21-11-2018 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

Hi
    I know nothing about Xboxes or gaming but I am looking to pick up a 2nd hand Xbox so I can use SkyGo app in another room at home. Anything I need to look out for? Or if anyone here is thinking about selling one please feel free to pm me.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Just be aware, you'll need 'sky go extra' or have a multiroom sky sub to use the app on consoles.

You might get Sky Go Extra for free by downloading the My Sky app and checking the Sky VIP part. Its like a loyalty reward, I got it for free through that.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Just be aware, you'll need 'sky go extra' or have a multiroom sky sub to use the app on consoles.

You might get Sky Go Extra for free by downloading the My Sky app and checking the Sky VIP part. Its like a loyalty reward, I got it for free through that.

I have the skygo extra on my account, currently using laptop but it's a pain to be connecting leads to use it. I could just leave Xbox connected if I get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I have the skygo extra on my account, currently using laptop but it's a pain to be connecting leads to use it. I could just leave Xbox connected if I get one.

https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=sxb3xboe020&categoryName=xbox-360-consoles&superCatName=gaming&title=xbox-360-%28hdmi%29-wireless-pad-unboxed
    40 bucks in CEX

The controller on its own is worth about 20 quid. This should come with a warranty but if you're only using it to run the sky go app it's hardly gonna be under too much strain

One thing to note though is that the 360 can be quite loud

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Thanks Akraisa & to those who sent pm's. I got guilted into buying a new Xbox on Amazon deals by my nephew who stays here regularly!!

Advertisement