Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless printer

Options
  • 21-11-2018 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Any decent deals out there for a good wireless printer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

In Lidl on Saturday next
    Print, copy and scan while saving space with a wireless all-in-one printer
    Save up to 70 Percent on ink (HP 304 inks) with HP instant ink and never run out of ink; ordered by your printer, delivered to your door; three months trial included
    Put your printer wherever you want with this compact design
    Manage your printer effortlessly to an easy to use control panel
    Connectivity, standard-1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0. Compatible operating systems- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP SP3 or higher (32-bit only)

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭R11

Cheers,looks like a good deal. Though,do I have to sign up to that "HP instant ink" thing??Saw a few in Currys with that also on them.
    Also saw this Canon printer- https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing-accessories/printers-scanners-and-ink/printers/canon-pixma-mg5750-all-in-one-wireless-inkjet-printer-10143745-pdt.html

Don't know much about wireless printers,so not sure which is better.....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I have no idea about "instant ink" or how it works. Id imagine you could get your own ink cartridges which would be a lot cheaper.

Wireless printers are very handy. Basically you can have your desktop pc or laptop located in any room of the house (assuming home use here) and have the ability to print no matter where the printer is located...subject of course to it having power. A lot of newer printers can print from your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

We were talking about printers in the office this morning. One of the lads is looking for one. Several of us said that we've had printers that we just didn't use. Unless you know you're going to be printing, most things can be shown on mobile phones (tickets, vouchers etc.).

I don't think I'd ever buy another one. If I really need to print something, I can just do it in the office but that's very rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭R11

Wife wants one, she likes to print some photos, then she makes up frames.
    We had a wired one but it's banjaxed. So a wireless one for €50 or less seems a good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

R11 wrote: »
    Wife wants one, she likes to print some photos, then she makes up frames.
    We had a wired one but it's banjaxed. So a wireless one for €50 or less seems a good deal.

Fair enough. The ink and the photo paper can be expensive though.

My wife uses Photobox. Can get photos printed, canvas prints, books etc. They always seem to have offers too. I know it's handy just printing at home but the books the wife has bought are good quality.

Advertisement