Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband contract & moving house

Options
  • 20-11-2018 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

BB contract ends soon and I intended switching provider for another 12 month contract. However I will soon be moving house too. Can I use the same contract and equipment at a different address (assuming that it will have a landline)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That depends on the provider, some renew your contract when you move.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Usually its a case of:

If X serves old and new, move to new and restart the timer but no penalty (say 12mo contract, 7 months in you move, goes back to 12mo at new place). If they dont cover the new, you pay ECC (€150 or bill x months left etc)

Be careful of Virgin Media or SIRO as their footprints are smaller whereas OpenEir products cover most of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Logo

With Eir atm and planning switch to Pure Telecom. Might put it off for another month - although that will cost approx. €76 to continue with Eir out of contract/ without 30 day termination notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

If you intend to move, check the providers rules for it before you sign up. And get that in writing.

Some providers are reasonable. Others aren't at all. Less than 6 months in either place you're generally screwed.

/M

Advertisement