Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC PIR EOL Wiring

Options
  • 20-11-2018 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi for EOL wiring, do we have to change the Zone H/W from non EOL to EOL in Engineering menu. Also for working an EOL line is it a must to change it.
    gwrREf

https://ibb.co/gwrREf

The above image shows the current wiring, what are the modifications do I have to make that as an EOL

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Jeez what odd coloured wiring...

If you want duel EOL wiring place both links across 4k7.
    Disconnect Red & orange in the PiR and at the panel. At the panel wire a loop in place of red & orange across the tamper input & programme the zone hardware as duel EOL

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Deltarom

KoolKid wrote: »
    Jeez what odd coloured wiring...

If you want duel EOL wiring place both links across 4k7.
    Disconnect Red & orange in the PiR and at the panel. At the panel wire a loop in place of red & orange across the tamper input & programme the zone hardware as duel EOL

Thank you.

You mean this connection isnt it
    https://ibb.co/dxjc5V

So is it Red & Orange or Blue and Red :confused:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thought it was the 2 at the dots.
    Going by that disconnect blue and red and wired black & orange into the zone input. I'd normally check them with a multi meter first.

Thank you @KoolKid, it is working.

https://ibb.co/gsKOFV

I have GSM Q board, that is not connected. And in the manual it is saying we have to disconnect both power and battery before connect the board. But when I remove both power the outside siren will start ringing due to the battery inside the outside siren. Also if I remove both power supply will the settings go back to default? and is it safe just remove the main power and connect the board?

Also I have one contact sensor that is set as non EOL, is it ok to leave it as it is or Do I have to do any other wiring method to make it safer.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

Deltarom wrote: »
    I have GSM Q board, that is not connected. And in the manual it is saying we have to disconnect both power and battery before connect the board. But when I remove both power the outside siren will start ringing due to the battery inside the outside siren. Also if I remove both power supply will the settings go back to default? and is it safe just remove the main power and connect the board?

Also I have one contact sensor that is set as non EOL, is it ok to leave it as it is or Do I have to do any other wiring method to make it safer.

Thanks.

Yes it need to be down powered to add to the system.
    Once powered up the sim will then register on the network.

If you want to add resistors to the sensor then do so and change the zone to whichever suits.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    Yes it need to be down powered to add to the system.
    Once powered up the sim will then register on the network.

If you want to add resistors to the sensor then do so and change the zone to whichever suits.

Installed and working. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

Deltarom wrote: »
    Installed and working. Thanks

Brilliant, glad you got it sorted

Advertisement