Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham bumper

Options
  • 19-11-2018 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Malone Road is so good he IMO could be as good as Montelado.Ive backed him at 6/1 to a few Euro.This Is my NAP at Cheltenham,OMG this horse is so good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Wait for nrnb backing now at 6/1 ante post is not smart

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

He’s not even the best bumper horse in the yard, 6/1 is a shocking price ante post.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

I have been involved [part owned]with Montelado this horse is as good as I have seen.

What is the best horse in the yard based on your post.Looking forward to that knowledge PLEASE ,PLEASE give a name.We know a thousand morons are you another clown without substance.In other words **** OFF to your Intellectual kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

antietam wrote: »
    What is the best horse in the yard based on your post.Looking forward to that knowledge PLEASE ,PLEASE give a name.We know a thousand morons are you another clown without substance.In other words **** OFF to your Intellectual kind.

Envoi allen !?

• Advertisement

This is a superstar.This bar injury will win at Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

5/1 is a terrible price for a Champion Bumper horse at this time of the year.

That market will chance & flip flop between now and then. 5s still available after Christmas when we know more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

I dont like favs in that race but this lad looks special the gears he possesses and obviously stays well.

I wonder if Envoi Allen they will take it easy with him and skip the festival but run at punchestown and onto next season for both over hurdles.

This is a superstar.This bar injury will win at Cheltenham.

To be fair I remember you posted about him previously...did you not get 16-1 then?

Malone Road 16/1 Bumper big time.This horse could be as good as Montelado.This is my NAP NOW.

Maybe he will win the bumper....but at 6-1 this far out Id not be backing him. I think I read that Gordon did say that he was being put away until Cheltenham so that could protect his price somewhat.
    Theres also a real chance that there will be a Mullins hotpot that will sluice up in a bumper in the coming weeks....attract a clatter of money and flop in March.

Chances are you may get greater than 6-1 nrnb.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,453 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I have some definite thoughts on this. When Malone Road went for £325k at auction earlier in the year, I thought Cheveley Park Stud must have lost their minds to spend that much on a horse, let alone a future jumper. With that said though, Malone Road's form, and that of its siblings has been seriously enhanced even this early in the season. Malone Road itself has won two bumpers, the first of which was probably a walkover, but that run against Mt Leinster which is no mug was seriously impressive. What's interesting is that if you look at Malone Road's dam Zaffarella, it has produced two half siblings to it, both have run in bumpers (Ravenhill Road ran in two bumpers unbeaten and Windsor Avenue has run in three bumpers unbeaten). It's kind of uncanny that the mare has produced three horses that have run in 7 bumpers, all unbeaten. I suppose that is why Malone Road (the third foal) went for so much money and if Zaffarella can produce another foal, it'll sure go for another 6 figure sum again.

So in terms of breeding there's clearly something about this dam that produce bumper winners. Looking at the race it ran, the time it ran was pretty quick. Fayonagh won the champion bumper race at Punchestown in 3 min 49 on good to yielding as a 6 year old after winning the Cheltenham Champion bumper. For Malone Road to win in 3 min 46 off the same weight as a 4 year old on good ground suggests that it is absolutely in the ball park to be the favourite for next March. The only question about Malone Road is just how will it take to the hill?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

You were warned previously for being uncivil, 1 month off to think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

A thread 4 months out for a stayers flat race in March. Good God the world has gone mad. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭famagusta

Steve wrote:
    You were warned previously for being uncivil, 1 month off to think about it.

Ah come on, poor auld Sting is the most interesting poster on here!!

Advertisement