Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17-70mm Alternatives?

Options
  • 19-11-2018 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey Guys

Very new here so excuse if you've heard this a million times before...

Currently shooting on the Canon 80D crop sensor with a Sigma 17-70mm 2.8. Wondering if anyone has shot with this lens and had issues with sharpness or Autofocus?

I brought it on a trip to Vietnam and it was a great all rounder in terms of street, landscape etc. but the Autofocus had a lot of issues and was also really loud, so couldn't use on video.

If you've any recommendations let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sigma 17-70mm 2.8
    Which one?
    Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM C Canon Sep. 2012
    Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4.5 DC Macro Canon 	Dec. 2009
    Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Canon Jan. 2006

If its the middle one for example, no IS can be a bit of a bummer and potentially soften otherwise sharp shots.

My 18-200 from them is OK. The've another 18-200 which in name is similar but is stabilized and optically much much better (mines very soft past 150mm :/ ).

Advertisement