Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Med 1 form do you receive a cheque refund or tax credits that are showing on form12

Options
  • 19-11-2018 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

If your claiming for health expenses i.e. doctor visits etc.

Will you receive back a refund after submitting the med 1 form or tax credits?

I tired to do it online on Form 12 but it looks like it's just gonna give me tax credits
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

I received payment into the bank account registered on my account. I added medical amount on Friday before last and got the money into my account last Tuesday. Very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 khlo12313

lashes34 wrote: »
    I received payment into the bank account registered on my account. I added medical amount on Friday before last and got the money into my account last Tuesday. Very quick.

Did you fill out the form 12 on the site?

Did it show up kind of like tax credits on the bottom before you submitted it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

khlo12313 wrote: »
    Hi,

If your claiming for health expenses i.e. doctor visits etc.

Will you receive back a refund after submitting the med 1 form or tax credits?

I tired to do it online on Form 12 but it looks like it's just gonna give me tax credits

Heath claims are on the historic basis meaning you must have incurred the expense in the tax year you are claiming for. So for 2017 claims, the expense must have occurred in that period and you must have paid tax in this year.

In order to calculate any potential refund due, the system will add the expenses amount as if it's a tax credit to calculate any refund due. Any refund due is then piad to you via your bank account.

Advertisement