Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magazines from North America?

Options
  • 18-11-2018 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Is it possible to get magazines posted from the US or Canada?
    Or is this illegal?

Would they be stopped either side?

Is documentation or paper work needed (export import license?)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

That would depend on the size of the mag, you will need a licence for whatever firearm it is for it it is stopped here.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭freddieot

You can't 'post' them. A courier might be the way to go - FedEx etc. Make sure you have the correct paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭dc99

Hi,
    10 rds, pistol mags (in .22lr) and yep it would be for a licensed firearm.

Would need to get them limited to the 5rds when arrived.

So no export papers or import from Canada?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Ten rounders are no problem if you can get someone to ship them.
    Anything above 10 rounds is an ITAR item,[even .22] subject to export and State Dept, blah, blah, blah.And not worth your while as a normal EU subject doing so as it costs a fortune and is a tedious experience.:(

Egun is your best bet for most mags commonly used in the EU in .22 without all the problems.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

what mags are u looking for ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

dc99 wrote: »
    Hi,
    10 rds, pistol mags (in .22lr) and yep it would be for a licensed firearm.

Would need to get them limited to the 5rds when arrived.

So no export papers or import from Canada?

Thanks

I was pricing motorcycle spares from canada, and the cost of postage and duty was eyewatering, must have been twice what it would cost from the US.

Hi, I someone over there that can post them, but obviously i don’t want them to get in trouble - nor myself over this side :-)
    Would be S&W mags. SW victory.
    I had a look at Egun - could’t Make head nor tail of it on my iPad - would it need to be a Pc to get it too be in English?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Have you tried Paddy Fagan ( Gunshop.ie) he sells the guns so should be able to get the mags you would think.
    or
    https://www.brownells-deutschland.de/SW22-VICTORY-MAGAZINE-SW22-Victory-22LR-10-Rd-Silver-SMITH-WESSON-Steel-22-Long-Rifle-10-Round-940001069
    I haven't checked any of the other European Brownell sites, mite be possible for the Germans to send to the Irish Brownell franchise if you contact him or them, or send directly to you I got mags from Germany last week.

Brownells .de won't ship to anywhere in the EU bar Germany. Already tried it.:mad:All nicely divvied up is Europe with the Brownells franchise.:mad:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

dc99 wrote: »
    I had a look at Egun - could’t Make head nor tail of it on my iPad - would it need to be a Pc to get it too be in English?

I really must do a "how to use Egun without speaking German post "one of the days.:)
    Don't worry,its english translation software is rubbish first off. So getting it on a PC won't make any difference.
    Nothing for S&W victory for sale at the moment there.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

I got some 5 shot mags for a Remington .22 rifle posted from the US a few years back. I rang the Park first and they said no problem, they didn't consider a mag part of a firearm. But there have been some changes to legislation since then, so maybe call the policy unit in Garda HQ first?

When my mags arrived, they were in a big cardboard tube like what you'd roll up print magazines etc in and the customs declaration sticker simply said 'magazines' - looked like the supplier was trying to make everything go smoothly with a little subterfuge:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

gunny123 wrote: »
    I was pricing motorcycle spares from canada, and the cost of postage and duty was eyewatering, must have been twice what it would cost from the US.

I got two 5-round Krico rifle magazines from Montréal a couple of weeks back - mail cost under $9. shrug.

All good stuff, thanks for the info guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

tac foley wrote: »

I got two 5-round Krico rifle magazines from Montréal a couple of weeks back - mail cost under $9. shrug.

Don't know what to tell you Tac. But the p+p was eye watering.

Advertisement