Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I lend my car to a friend?

Options
  • 18-11-2018 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

Quick question- I don’t have my policy to hand. I have comprehensive insurance, so does my friend- but she is Australian and lives there, has an Australian licence.

Can I lend my car to her for a few days while she is visiting over here?

Insurance office not open on a Sunday...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I would say, no you/she wouldn’t be covered. You would need to add her on to the policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

No

Not unless you specifically paid for "open drive". Very few do. You would know if you di as youd have asked for it

Most insurers have a 24hr phone line. Call them and add for a week or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Shelga

Thanks guys, going to leave it, not worth the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,384 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

No

Not unless you specifically paid for "open drive". Very few do. You would know if you di as youd have asked for it

If you have open drive, it will say so your cert. under 'Drivers and classes of drivers who are covered'.

Would an Australian driving licence fulfil the requirement to hold a full licence?

Advertisement