Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Lenovo Android

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Nialler73 wrote: »

I don't know much about these exact tablets but I can tell you that Lenovo bought Motorola from Google to improve their Android tablet and phone making division so it's probably very decent with close to stock Android as the Motorola devices were

• Registered Users Posts: 28,734 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Both are very low screen resolution and only 16gb storage. I'm guessing that the ram (memory) is only 1/2gb too.

I'd pass and buy something with at least 32gb storage, 3gb ram and a full HD screen

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Both are very low screen resolution and only 16gb storage. I'm guessing that the ram (memory) is only 1/2gb too.

I'd pass and buy something with at least 32gb storage, 3gb ram and a full HD screen

They're fine for the price and perfect for a kids tablet, very similar hardware to a Kindle fire kids and would come with the Google play store

very low-powered.

would be ok for youtube and basic browsing. would be very skeptical about 20 hour battery life claim also

and where you wouldn't be installing many apps as even with memory card added the apps size and number limited due to still taking up internal storage space

won't be running anything intensive like 3d games very well if at all in the case of the ones like pubg (for that you need 3gb/4gb ram and a decent cpu) something like the mi pad 4.

doesn't even give the specs for the 7 inch one so it's probably very very low in specs as the 10 inch one which does give some specs is poor.

the 7 inch is this one I'd be fairly sure
    https://mynexttablet.com/lenovo-tab7-essential-review/
    reviews says that it struggles with web browsing

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nialler73

Mr.S wrote: »
    Also only running Android 7.0.

Not worth it, you'll end up replacing them in a year or two.

They'd struggle to do anything outside of light web browsing.

Only consider if it's for the kids or to have in the kitchen or something.
    It'd be for the kids alright. Just for YouTube and whatever games I could get on them. Any tips in around 100 quid?

• Advertisement

Nialler73 wrote: »
    It'd be for the kids alright. Just for YouTube and whatever games I could get on them. Any tips in around 100 quid?

As i already mentioned you should also consider the Kindle fire kids. Amazon have amazing support for their devices, break it they'll just send you a new one no questions asked. You have to go out of your way to get Google apps like YouTube though. It's at a reduced price at the moment

Fire 7 Kids Edition Tablet, 7" Display, 16 GB, Blue Kid-Proof Case https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01J90MTXW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_9ZA8BbZ934S8S

that's a decent reduction on the fire 7 kids.

with the rugged case and extra warranty it's a decent deal.

you'll need to install the play store for google but it's pretty easy and you don't need to be very IT conversant.

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/get-google-play-on-fire-tablet

it will only run basic games well tho - not demanding ones but then again for less than 100 euro you won't get anything that will.

Advertisement