Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android 8.1 power options

Options
  • 17-11-2018 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Is there something on 8.1 I'm missing?

I want to turn off wifi when the device is off but that option seems to have disappeared. There seems to be an adb hack that's supposed to do it so I'll try that on Monday.

Currently, the screen also dims very quickly if the device isn't being used and goes to sleep shortly after. I'd like to be able to lengthen that time and even at times keep the screen on permanently. Any ideas? That setting appears to be gone too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,930 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Is there something on 8.1 I'm missing?

I want to turn off wifi when the device is off but that option seems to have disappeared. There seems to be an adb hack that's supposed to do it so I'll try that on Monday.

Currently, the screen also dims very quickly if the device isn't being used and goes to sleep shortly after. I'd like to be able to lengthen that time and even at times keep the screen on permanently. Any ideas? That setting appears to be gone too.

When the device is off WiFi so why would you want something to turn the WiFi off?

The screen will be under display or security settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Del2005 wrote: »
    When the device is off WiFi so why would you want something to turn the WiFi off?

The screen will be under display or security settings.

Nope, it's giving me alerts even with the cover on and it asleep. There was a setting on my old tablet to change that behaviour.

Certainly the screen setting isn't under display. I'll check security.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Device powered off and phone asleep with cover closed are 2 different things.
    Cover closed the phone won't switch off the WiFi automatically. There may be an automatic process you could use , perhaps https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.llamalab.automate might be able to do it for you.

GBX wrote: »
    Device powered off and phone asleep with cover closed are 2 different things.
    Cover closed the phone won't switch off the WiFi automatically. There may be an automatic process you could use , perhaps https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.llamalab.automate might be able to do it for you.

That looks like it could be useful, thanks. It's a tablet so I don't need it connected while it's switched off and supposedly asleep.

That looks like it could be useful, thanks. It's a tablet so I don't need it connected while it's switched off and supposedly asleep.

Found an app called screen timeout and it's done the job for me. Funny that such a basic setting isn't in the Xiaomi EU ROM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement