Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating 5th year

Options
  • 17-11-2018 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm just after moving into 5th year after skipping TY. I am potentially going to be having a surgery done on my hand sometime next year probably around the start of sixth year that will cause me not to be able to write for a good chunk of time. Should I repeat fifth year again since I won't be able to write for alot of sixth year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ultraviolence

Yes you should. I also made the decision to repeat 5th year! Nothing wrong about repeating.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

When you say 'a lot' do you mean 6 months or 2 months? Is this surgery that could possibly be scheduled for the start of the summer between 5th-6th year.

Do you do many practical subjects that require the use of your hands?

Can you just play it by ear rather than making a decision to repeat next year, three months into fifth year. You still have to do fifth year anyway, make the decision next summer when you know more about when your operation is and how long it is likely to affect you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 G2fan

When you say 'a lot' do you mean 6 months or 2 months? Is this surgery that could possibly be scheduled for the start of the summer between 5th-6th year.

Do you do many practical subjects that require the use of your hands?

Can you just play it by ear rather than making a decision to repeat next year, three months into fifth year. You still have to do fifth year anyway, make the decision next summer when you know more about when your operation is and how long it is likely to affect you.

I'd probably be out 4-5 months and I do art and DCG

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Is there the possibility (if you are going private) to get the surgery done this year, and then start fifth year again next year?

Advertisement