Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting in air vents

Options
  • 17-11-2018 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

We have an open plan bungalow with open sitting room/ kitchen and 2 bedrooms. Ventilation in bathroom is pretty good as we have a window and skylight, which we keep open most of the time. We want to put air vents into the bedrooms. Looking for advice on types of air vents to use, ideally ones that you can regulate flow of air. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

what is in the bedrooms now?
    you should fit an extractor in the bathroom: open skylight most of the time :(

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 concert

what is in the bedrooms now?
    you should fit an extractor in the bathroom: open skylight most of the time :(

Nothing in bedrooms, we open windows every day but rooms can be quite stuffy, especially at night so looking for ventilation solutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

You have a number of options in a bungalow as you have attic access to every room. I would look at positive input ventilation (PIV) for the living area and bedrooms, and an attic-mounted centrifugal extract fan with a timer switch for the bathroom (outlet via a roof vent tile).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭caesarthechimp

concert wrote: »
    Nothing in bedrooms, we open windows every day but rooms can be quite stuffy, especially at night so looking for ventilation solutions.
    Try opening the windows at night, and closing them during the day.

Advertisement