Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing out of Gmail on Eir Tablet

Options
  • 17-11-2018 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

I got an eir tablet when I subscribed to an eir contract and I'm signed into my gmail account on that devise. Another user lately logged onto their gmail too - but we can both switch to one anothers gmail accounts without needing a password. Is there any way to sign out of gmail on these devises? I've tried without success and the local eir outlet didn't know either.
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Logo wrote: »
    I got an eir tablet when I subscribed to an eir contract and I'm signed into my gmail account on that devise. Another user lately logged onto their gmail too - but we can both switch to one anothers gmail accounts without needing a password. Is there any way to sign out of gmail on these devises? I've tried without success and the local eir outlet didn't know either.
    TIA

Gmail is tied to your Google account.
    Can you create a new guest user on the tablet for the other person to use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

You cannot remove the default Google account. You'll need to factory reset to remove the default account

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Logo

I can't see a guest user option - only a general password protection. I would be happy if I could delete my gmail gmail account from the devise completely.

You cannot remove the default Google account. You'll need to factory reset to remove the default account
    Will I find that somewhere under the settings options?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,105 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Goi to settings users & accounts and remove the one you don't want

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Logo wrote: »
    Will I find that somewhere under the settings options?

It'll be in settings -> security.

If you have 2 Gmail accounts added you should be able to remove one of them in settings -> accounts. If you've just one you need factory reset to remove the default account

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Goi to settings users & accounts and remove the one you don't want
    As far as I know I've tried that already but will attempt again later. I do know that it recognises four of my devices:eek: I might have to use a sledge hammer. Thanks

Advertisement