Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I do medicine at TCD

Options
  • 16-11-2018 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Can I do medicine at TCD if I only do one science but also Honours maths

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭LaLa2004

Here are the minimum entry requirements:

Leaving Certificate H3 + H4 In TWO of physics, chemistry, biology, physics/chemistry or agricultural science.

If you do not have a qualification in physics you must present mathematics at O4/H6 or better

https://www.tcd.ie/courses/undergraduate/az/course.php?id=DUBMD-MEDI-3F09

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Razor093 wrote: »
    Can I do medicine at TCD if I only do one science but also Honours maths

Have you looked up the requirements?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Razor093

Have you looked up the requirements?

Yes but they're a little confusing and I don't want to mess up my application, it says if you don't have physics you need an O3/H6 does that mean I would still be able to do medicine with only one science and a H6 in maths

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Razor093 wrote: »
    Yes but they're a little confusing and I don't want to mess up my application, it says if you don't have physics you need an O3/H6 does that mean I would still be able to do medicine with only one science and a H6 in maths

You still need two science subjects, all it is saying is if one is not Physics, you need a certain score in maths.

Since Medicine is so high a points, the minimum score on maths makes no difference as if you don't have a high score you won't be in anyway.

Long story short, if you have only one science subjects out of the list, then no, you cannot get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭agoodusername

No you can't, but if you don't have the time to pick up another science, AFAIK you can do med in NUIG with just one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement