Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AXA trailer query

Options
  • 16-11-2018 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just moved Insurers to AXA as they were the cheapest this year. Reading through my policy booklet it states that I am only covered to tow a 'disabled mechanically propelled vehicle' (a break-down situation, in other words).
    The Cert itself also states 'this policy does not cover use while drawing a Trailer other than one disabled mechanically propelled vehicle'.

The policy booklet specifically states that I am not covered to Tow anything else unless i supply them with details of same (and presumably pay more for this).
    I use a single axle trailer to move a ride-on mower about 6 times a year. This trailer is approx 10'x5' and is at least 20 years old.

Before I ring them I would be interested to know if anybody else in this situation has contacted AXA and what the outcome was. Did AXA look for more details concerning the Trailer ? What sort of increase in premium did they request, etc ?

I know people will say just ring them, but I am just curious to know what their response would be before I phone them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Hi all, just moved Insurers to AXA as they were the cheapest this year. Reading through my policy booklet it states that I am only covered to tow a 'disabled mechanically propelled vehicle' (a break-down situation, in other words).
    The Cert itself also states 'this policy does not cover use while drawing a Trailer other than one disabled mechanically propelled vehicle'.

The policy booklet specifically states that I am not covered to Tow anything else unless i supply them with details of same (and presumably pay more for this).
    I use a single axle trailer to move a ride-on mower about 6 times a year. This trailer is approx 10'x5' and is at least 20 years old.

Before I ring them I would be interested to know if anybody else in this situation has contacted AXA and what the outcome was. Did AXA look for more details concerning the Trailer ? What sort of increase in premium did they request, etc ?

I know people will say just ring them, but I am just curious to know what their response would be before I phone them.

Trailer coverage is always an optional extra and you will be charged for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

This is the 1st time my Cert specifically states "No Trailers".
    Up until now all of my previous Insurance Certs have simply stated that I was covered as long as I didn't tow "any more trailers than permitted by law"....

Rang the Broker just now and he tells me they usually charge an extra €40 per annum. Says he will try and throw it onto the policy for nothing. Just hoping i don't have to jump through hoops due to age of the trailer, etc.

Advertisement