Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing UK on SKY

Options
  • 16-11-2018 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Ok, so with the switchover next January of Irish racing to RUK I have been looking at a racing uk subscription. Usually there is a Black Friday deal and I'm sure there will be one this year. However it appears that you cannot record RUK on a skybox unless you have an active separate sky subscription.
    Therefore an additional €29(?) for option of recording...
    Anyone have a solution?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Am I the only one still hoping HRI/RUK come up with some kinda brexit style deal to keep irish racing available free to air on sky for irish viewers ala ATR?
    If not this deal could go down as badly as telecom eireann shares ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Am I the only one still hoping HRI/RUK come up with some kinda brexit style deal to keep irish racing available free to air on sky for irish viewers ala ATR?
    If not this deal could go down as badly as telecom eireann shares ffs!

ATR was never free (it is part of a paid subscription), Irish racing is simply moving to another paid channel

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

ATR was never free (it is part of a paid subscription), Irish racing is simply moving to another paid channel

But now you have to continue the subscription to have recording option AND pay an additional subscription (€31/mth) for RUK

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

As someone who is fighting a very very unsatisfactory system your post is not at all helpful.SKY offer a package of channels which includes ATtheraces what do RUK offer[a stand-alone PAY per view]notwithstanding they have agreed they cannot cover all Irish meetings due to their huge commitments to their current UK tracks.9k by SKY per meeting to rural Irish tracks is now withdrawn and racing managers have not been told how they will survive by the horrible HRI.I absolutely stand that the HRI need to be investigated.

antietam wrote: »
    As someone who is fighting a very very unsatisfactory system your post is not at all helpful.SKY offer a package of channels which includes ATtheraces what do RUK offer[a stand-alone PAY per view]notwithstanding they have agreed they cannot cover all Irish meetings due to their huge commitments to their current UK tracks.9k by SKY per meeting to rural Irish tracks is now withdrawn and racing managers have not been told how they will survive by the horrible HRI.I absolutely stand that the HRI need to be investigated.

Whatever about the HRI decision to sell to Racing UK all i am pointing out is that ATR is not free.

• Advertisement

ATR is free to anyone that has sky

RUK is stand alone sub based channel

if you cant see the difference then so be it

ATR is free to anyone that has sky

RUK is stand alone sub based channel

if you cant see the difference then so be it

Free* to anyone who has a PAID SUBSCRIPTION to Sky

*not free at all

*not free at all

Jesus Wept..............
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Only for government intervention, the GAA would have sold complete rights to SKY for all football/hurling coverage.IMO RUK will set up a new channel to cover Irish racing and that will be fee-based [package deal]separate to their main coverage.HRI need very serious Investigation and until that happens then the status quo will remain.I am very aware my posts are targetted at morons that have no Idea about horse's and these clowns will lose every single time.LET THEM PUT UP THERE TIPS here.

Jesus Wept..............
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don’t think it’s Jesus who is weeping here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭mulbot

*not free at all

So do you think Sky will reduce their subscription when ATR finishes?

mulbot wrote: »
    So do you think Sky will reduce their subscription when ATR finishes?

ATR will still be there, just rebranded.
    So I would guess no

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

I see the black Friday deal is €12 a month - I don't have sky so if I get this I would just be able to watch on phone or laptop.

Does anyone have the subscription, and does the live channel work well on phone and laptop? Does it show a live stream of the channel?

Just trying to decide if it's worth it when I don't have Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

I'm with Virgin and just tried to get the offer there. No dice. Sky only they both (Virgin and RUK) say.

Advertisement