Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermal Bridge psi-value

Options
  • 16-11-2018 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Is it possible to achieve thermal bridge psi-value of Ψ ≤ 0.01 W/(mK).

In a masonry cavity wall construction with 300mm fully filled cavity. Joining to 300mm EPS floor insulation?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,215 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

brianwake wrote: »

In a masonry cavity wall construction with 300mm fully filled cavity. Joining to 300mm EPS floor insulation?

Cavity wall without insulated raft foundation... Probably not....

Maybe with foam glass blocks??

But passive certed houses would be down to this level

• Registered Users Posts: 22 brianwake

Thanks sydthebeat.

Yes sorry meant to say with the use of low thermal conductivity aerated blocks.

I'm not an engineer, Just researching options. So this should achieve psi-value of Ψ ≤ 0.01 W/(mK) if detailed correctly?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,215 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Thanks sydthebeat.

Yes sorry meant to say with the use of low thermal conductivity aerated blocks.

I'm not an engineer, Just researching options. So this should achieve psi-value of Ψ ≤ 0.01 W/(mK) if detailed correctly?

No I'm not saying that.

Off the top of my head I doubt AAC blocks will give you that level of insulation.

Foam glass maybe.

You need the detail analysised and calculated

• Registered Users Posts: 22 brianwake

Ok, thanks for the info.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Yes

• Advertisement
Advertisement