Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eir contract

• 16-11-2018 3:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi need a bit of advice.

I have my broadband, tv and bill pay phone with eir.
    I was leaving the house i was in and asked eir to cancel my tv and broadband but keep the phone bill.
    They charged me 292 euros for early cease fees.
    I was told it would be cancelled in 1 month, but a couple of days later my phone stopped being able to access mobile data and calls/texts.
    I called them and they told me they were stopping my mobile services as my account had gone over the credit limit, which was due to them putting the cancellation fees onto my account.
    I called and after being sent from one person to the next i was told that the person who i dealt with originally cancelled it straight away when it shouldnt have been the case.
    He told me he would clear the cancellation fees and my bill would be just for the mobile from now on.
    Its been a day now since that last call and i still have no phone network and ive just recieved an email stating my next bill is 292 euro!

Do i have a case to cancel the whole account without charge now as i am completely sick of eir, especially when it takes 45-50 mins for them to answer the phone or is this normal practice.

Advertisement