Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistry in 6th year?

Options
  • 15-11-2018 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I do accounting and I absolutely hate it and would be willing to change as the teacher last year was awful.
    Is it possible to get a H1 if I started chemistry now or is it impossible?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,166 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think it would be a big ask if you are just joining the class. They will have more than half of the course already done. The teacher is unlikely to put the class on hold to teach you last year's course.

I suppose if you could supplement the classes with grinds and had a flair for Science it's possible, but I wouldn't be banking on it.

Will your school let you move classes this late?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Razor093

spurious wrote: »
    I think it would be a big ask if you are just joining the class. They will have more than half of the course already done. The teacher is unlikely to put the class on hold to teach you last year's course.

I suppose if you could supplement the classes with grinds and had a flair for Science it's possible, but I wouldn't be banking on it.

Will your school let you move classes this late?

I would say so, I wouldn't get grinds but I am good at science and would be willing to work hard

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Razor093 wrote: »
    I would say so, I wouldn't get grinds but I am good at science and would be willing to work hard

Well it largely depends on your own ability. There is a lot of detail in the chemistry course. These courses are designed for two years for a reason. And H1s aren't given out like penny sweets in any subject.

Well it largely depends on your own ability. There is a lot of detail in the chemistry course. These courses are designed for two years for a reason. And H1s aren't given out like penny sweets in any subject.

If I started now and worked hard catching up (the class is doing revision as of this moment) from now to June would a H3 or H2 be possible

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Again. Nobody here can answer that because nobody here knows your ability.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,166 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you were my son/daughter and unless you suddenly needed a high mark in Physics for your preferred college course, I would say stick with the Accounting. Even if you hate it, you have been in a class for a school year and know more about it than Physics.

Is it the same teacher this year in Accounting?

spurious wrote: »
    If you were my son/daughter and unless you suddenly needed a high mark in Physics for your preferred college course, I would say stick with the Accounting. Even if you hate it, you have been in a class for a school year and know more about it than Physics.

Is it the same teacher this year in Accounting?

It's chemistry I'm thinking of doing not physics, no its a different teacher this year. I want to do Medicine but since I only have 1 science my choices are very limited (UCD and RCSI) meaning I can't put TCD in my CAO thats the only reason as to why I'm willing to change

Sorry I got mixed up with Physics and Chemistry, I'm dealing with another person by PM with a similar query.

It's okay

Advertisement