Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Racing Podcast Recommendations

Options
  • 15-11-2018 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Would anyone have a weekly or bi-weekly horse racing podcast they can recommend?

Preferably one that looks towards the weekend on a Thursday or Friday and then reviews it again on the Monday or Tuesday. Once a week would be fine either of course.

I listen to the Friday night racing podcast from Off the Ball which I really enjoy.
    Have also subscribed and listened to the Final Furlong podcast which is ok, not great and a bit long and tedious at times.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

LongshotValue - Road To Cheltenham (Coming Soon) ;):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

On fridays it’s worth tuning into the RP one just for Paul Kealy on there for the weekends racing.

Another i started lately is called the jumps racing postcast.

Matchbook is another decent one with Rory Delargy with Tom Stanley and Don McLean

• Registered Users Posts: 16,454 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

aidankkk wrote: »
    LongshotValue - Road To Cheltenham (Coming Soon) ;):rolleyes:
    Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Really?

Giving it serious consideration. Should be easy enough to setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Thanks lads.

Format of the Off the ball one still my favourite but the Racing Post one today was good on first impression.

Any more suggestions very welcome. Don't want it to be only about betting ideally, bores me a bit when it is non stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

I've tried listening to that Final Furlong podcast, and both times couldn't make it past the first few minutes with the childish bollocks they spout. Not half as funny as they think they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    I've tried listening to that Final Furlong podcast, and both times couldn't make it past the first few minutes with the childish bollocks they spout. Not half as funny as they think they are.

Ur man Kennedy is an insufferable c*nt, all they do on that podcast is laugh laugh and laugh.

The racing post podcast does be alright they actually discuss racing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Ffp is bollix Blake is great but it is ruined by the amount of in jokes.

Actually really enjoying the off the ball stuff. Podcast this week with Paddy Prendergast was fantastic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

What’s the name of Off The Balls racing posdcast? I can’t find it on the search?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

'upping the ante' has started on youtube again.

Looks for ante post value for cheltenham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

gstack166 wrote: »
    What’s the name of Off The Balls racing posdcast? I can’t find it on the search?

"Highlights from Off the Ball"

It is not a dedicated podcast so you will have to seek out the horse one every Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

carq wrote: »
    'upping the ante' has started on youtube again.

Looks for ante post value for cheltenham

Good listens so far - just listened to both weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

The Racing post ones are very good I find. I used to listen to the Final Furlong but I actually can't stomach Kennedy or Vanessa Ryle anymore. Kennedy is just the worst

Moon Dice wrote: »
    The Racing post ones are very good I find. I used to listen to the Final Furlong but I actually can't stomach Kennedy or Vanessa Ryle anymore. Kennedy is just the worst

This.
    For me Kennedy ruins what could be decent analysis and listening. His silly "in house" jokes and those ridiculous Henderson impressions are just so hard to stomach.
    Kevin Blake and Rory Delargy provide good input as do some of the guests. I dont mind Ryle too much but the idiot at the helm for me ruins what could be a decent show.

Advertisement