Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15th Nov Clonmel Oil Chase.

Options
  • 15-11-2018 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Some quality horses in Clonmel today.
    Fire away with tips and fancies for the day.....

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

1.25 Milomynit 4/1
    1.55 Dorans River 9/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

There are quite a few very very short ones on that Clonmel card.

I really really like Shattered Love as a mare and she is much the best of these. But 1/2 is probably a little on the short side but ill be dissapointed if she gets beat.
    I thought Denis Hogans mare Youcantcallherthat should be 2nd fav to me and is available at 9/1. But there is 7/2 out there with 365 if you can get on there that is to big.
    11/4 anyone not able to get on with them. Think that is still fair and maybe will drift a bit. Im gonna wait and see if i can get ~3/1 on that.
    That was the only race i got a chance to look at last night. But as you said some great action on display all be it not many betting opportunities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

I won't be doing much if anything at clonmel today. I'll look forward to watching it though.

12.10 Southwell, Sherian, currently around 2.3'ish. I'm not really liking this horse and will lay it over the next while. Running off a mark of 65 which is well capable of winning this poor race and at it's favourite track winning wise. Everything on paper says' it should win today. But, horses like humans are strange creatures of habit and this horse seems to peak in December or January. I has won in March before but most winning in December or January. Might be a prep run today and go for a touch in December off a similar mark. Even if it loses today I can't see the hanicapper lowering it's rating. A definite lay for me.

12.40 Southwell, Assimile. Currently around 3.5. I won't be going mad but I'll be backing this to win. Started off the year with a mark of 79 and showed nothing, down to 66 now. The handicapper is rarely wrong and if this horse was fit and ready for a job it could and should scoot in.

1.0 Taunton, Georgina Boy, currently around 2.38, I'm laying this. I always thought this horse was more of a place horse than a winner. It got the job done of 75 last time out but before that it was trying many times off 74,75 and higher. Can it get the job done 2 times in a row, possibly but I have my doubts.

Ladbrokes going 7/2 also on Youcantcallherthat w/o Shattered Love. I actually priced her near enough the fav in this market as to me she should be 2nd fav. Looks at least a tick to big.

Shattered Love now a NR so same same. 7/2 and above is a bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Hilarious that Doctor Phoenix has doubled in price since last night and can be got at 11/1. What is wrong with him? Had the beating of Un De Sceaux that time before falling at the last ansd put it up to Great Field 6 months back. Granted those were on much worse ground I'll still be having a decent bet on him at those odds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

African Showgirl in last at Southwell, has run reasonably well on fibresand more than once and dropped down to a very low mark on best of historic form, small bits of money about for it looks encouraging and well up to winning this IMO.

Pretty much knew my faith at the off there. Went from 3.8 to 9.x on Betfair in the space of 5 mins. haha
    Damn you Hogan. Damn you!!!

Just having a look at the 5.00 at Kempton. This horse Fearlessly, I can't believe it's 2.3. This morning when I was looking at the form I had it priced around 1.7. It's first race at kempton was a decent class 5, it was placed 5th but only beaten a neck or there abouts. They then ran it in a class 4 at Newcastle, didn't do anything special but now back to Kempton in a class 5.

I wasn't going to have a bet but at 2.3 I'll have a few quid win on it. The only thing that's unexposed is snow in spring.

Last UK bet of the night for me, 6.45 Kempton, Spanish Aria, currently around 2.08, having a max lay. The fact it's trained by gosden has the price so short I reckon, terrible novice race. Being smashed in the market but I'm going with my original view on the race and lay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

@Irishgoat

Could you share some of your statistics from the year to date? With personal details blanked out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement