Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wet weather gear

Options
  • 15-11-2018 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭

Its that time of the year where trails are wet and muddy, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend shorts or pants suitable without breaking the bank? I don't mind getting wet, but soaking shorts on a saddle for a number of km's is far from the most comfortable thing I've experienced :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Top Dog wrote: »
    Its that time of the year where trails are wet and muddy, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend shorts or pants suitable without breaking the bank? I don't mind getting wet, but soaking shorts on a saddle for a number of km's is far from the most comfortable thing I've experienced :o

Can't beat Endura gear.

Check out online, not the cheapest but absolutely perfect for our weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

Can't comment on water proof leg wear but I use sealskinz socks to keep the feet warm and dry. They used to have a "Waterblocker" sock that had a membrane at the cuff that kind of stuck to your calf to stop water getting in from the top. Thats gone from their range but I think the "Hydrostop" is the newer version. Money well spent imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭LagunaSeca

+1 for Endura gear and Sealskinz socks, but make sure to avoid ankle sock length (get mid length or higher).

Find a clip on mud guard like this helps a lot too.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/ass-savers-big/rp-prod170049

Advertisement