Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Fibre facts?

Options
  • 14-11-2018 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

I have found trying to find facts in this area to be very difficult, no matter who you talk to or where you look…
    It seems all the broadband providers are dealing with a secret company, who in turn is dealing with the contractors, the contractors do not know who they are working for, just the name and address of the person that wants the fibre fitted…It would seem there is some sort of understanding between the provider and the middleman that the end customer is kept in the dark, I could be wrong on this because it is so confusing and difficult to find out what is really happening… If anyone knows where to get facts, please let me know...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I'm not sure what your question is. Can you be more specific? You complain about contractors being vague and then are even more vague. It's not a competition on who can be the most vague :P

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

He's describing OpenEir as if they're the CIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,312 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Openeir don't tell the contractors who they are installing for (they know sometimes due to the modem they are installing) but OE don't tell them, supposedly, so they treat every job the same and not with any preference to get the job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Here we have a case of OE actually doing things correctly and fairly and we still have people complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

fritzelly wrote: »
    Openeir don't tell the contractors who they are installing for (they know sometimes due to the modem they are installing) but OE don't tell them, supposedly, so they treat every job the same and not with any preference to get the job done.
    tuxy wrote: »
    Here we have a case of OE actually doing things correctly and fairly and we still have people complaining.

Yes, no, maybe.

SIRO tell the contractor, which provider they're installing for. Yet, some of these muppets decide to tell people they're from Vodafone even though the sheet says something else (reasoning was: "I only carry Vodafone routers in the van"). The contractors got one on the hat for that yesterday .. matter of fact.

OpenEIR don't tell the contractor, who they install for. And yes, this is to avoid preferential treatment. So the contractor only knows it may not be Eir, because it's a standalone order. But then some of these muppets tell the customer they're coming from "Eir" opposed to "KN" or "OpenEIR", which they should.

Either way .... fact is, that the contractors generally are confused and clueless, no matter which operator or provider they install for :p

/M

• Advertisement
Advertisement