Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subwoofer hum

Options
  • 14-11-2018 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

My regular sub blew recently so I fished out an old one that had been in the garage for years and connected it up.

When I turn it on it hums. When I turn off the TV but leave everything else on the humming stops. The TV is on one side of the room and the sub on the other so different sockets. TV and amp were in same extension lead so I gave the TV it's own socket but hum is still there.

Also, when I switch on the sub with no connections there is no hum so it's probably not the sub.

Anyone any ideas what I could try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DekkoD3

I had the same issue recently when I set up a 5.1 system. Was pretty chuffed turning everything on but then realised there was a monstrous hum from the subwoofer, which got very annoying after a while. Tried all the settings, then realised the problem - a cheapo co-ax connecting cable. Spent a few quid on a decent QED co-ax connector and hey presto, no more hum!. So yeah, new cable.

Advertisement