Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

14/11/2018

Options
  • 14-11-2018 12:38pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

1.25 redwood boy 5/1
    3.35 ZagnZig 10/1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

1.20 Bangor, Marias Benefit, currently short enough at around 1.55, I'm going maximum win on this, only danger is Jester Jet but mostly a place horse. Marias jumps around it wins!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

1.25 redwood boy 5/1
    3.35 ZagnZig 10/1

drift before the off and pulled up, that crook should not have a licence

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

drift before the off and pulled up, that crook should not have a licence

I listened to the race. Blackmore was lucky to stay up before she pulled the horse up.

3.10 Exeter, I'm a game changer, currently 2.34'ish, backing this to win. The tizzard horse just might need the run after a long break.

Tizzards horses are flying altogether. I knew he was in pretty 'good' form but wow. 4 winners today, 1 yesterday and 5 on Sunday I think. They're evening winning after really long breaks. I'm not sure what he has going at Cheltenham in the next few days but all his horses have to be respected when he's going through this purple patch.

• Advertisement

Last bet of the day for me on the UK racing, then I have a few lined up for the usa racing.

4.00 Bangor, Nebuchadnezzar, currently around 2.1. Just had a max lay bet on this. This horse is 'progressive' and I'm sure it will in time. I'm backing it to lost today!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

irishgoat wrote: »
    Tizzards horses are flying altogether. I knew he was in pretty 'good' form but wow. 4 winners today, 1 yesterday and 5 on Sunday I think. They're evening winning after really long breaks. I'm not sure what he has going at Cheltenham in the next few days but all his horses have to be respected when he's going through this purple patch.

Hope you right an old fav of mine will be eunning for him on Saturday at a huge price (hopefully on good ground)

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

aidankkk wrote: »
    Hope you right an old fav of mine will be eunning for him on Saturday at a huge price (hopefully no good ground)

R.V. the one in mind?

Hope you right an old fav of mine will be eunning for him on Saturday at a huge price (hopefully on good ground)

I'm not sure how many he has going as I didn't look that far ahead just yet but if he has a good few going he could do very very well.

The Cheltenham meeting in October, I don't 'think' he got a winner at it but I stand to be corrected but I do know he had a lot of placed horses, something like 2 seconds and 3 or 4 thirds. In the past 3 weeks somethings after happening and they are flying now, winning on good to firm and soft etc...

I hope your selection wins for you but I'll definitely be keeping an eye out over the next while at his stable.

Edit: Just had a very quick look and some of the horses placed from the October meeting are entered. I just checked 2 of them and they are entered. He must be feeling very bullish with how the stable is going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Who

• Advertisement

I'll be having my first 'live' bet in the usa racing since the breeders cup. Being honest I was shocked at how poor my knowledge was of the usa horses during the breeders cup. So for the past few days I've been studying form/trends and stats and this evening I'll be having maybe 2 bets depending on how results fare.

Finger lakes is running behind this evening, due off in 4 minutes but could be 10ish

6.09 Finger lakes, Rosey Gal, currently shorter than I'd have liked at 1.5, but I see this as a pure penalty kick. I'm having a max win bet on it. My assumption is the horse will be held up and make ground just before the straight and kick on and win it by a distance, at least I hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

I'll be having my first 'live' bet in the usa racing since the breeders cup. Being honest I was shocked at how poor my knowledge was of the usa horses during the breeders cup. So for the past few days I've been studying form/trends and stats and this evening I'll be having maybe 2 bets depending on how results fare.

Finger lakes is running behind this evening, due off in 4 minutes but could be 10ish

6.09 Finger lakes, Rosey Gal, currently shorter than I'd have liked at 1.5, but I see this as a pure penalty kick. I'm having a max win bet on it. My assumption is the horse will be held up and make ground just before the straight and kick on and win it by a distance, at least I hope so.

Why would you be having a max bet in a claimer at an American regional track?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Stay away from that muck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Are fav's at these mid week race meetings in the US not just massively overbet. Also can you even get much money on these? I would have thought the markets are absolute bare bones although its not something ive ever looked into.
    A claimer there doesn't exactly sound the best betting opportunity.

Did he win for you. I hope so, but i wouldn't be going mad on these.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

kiers47 wrote: »
    Are fav's at these mid week race meetings in the US not just massively overbet. Also can you even get much money on these? I would have thought the markets are absolute bare bones although its not something ive ever looked into.
    A claimer there doesn't exactly sound the best betting opportunity.

Did he win for you. I hope so, but i wouldn't be going mad on these.

Some good meetings matched 38,000 or more. The smaller races no you can't get a bet on.

The race last night, gutted to say the least. The horse mid field but ridden early, made headway in the straight, went ahead literally before the line and the other head down and got it.

I've been doing 'test' bets and ironically the majority have went in and typical last night.

The form I find is tedious compared to the UK, probably just because I'm not used to it. A a lot of previous form is in .pdf format.

I think money can be made on the usa racing, obviously not as much as the UK, I'll need to start reading the form faster though thats for sure.

The footnotes from the race in question was...

Caribbean Girl was well placed along the rail, gained inside into the lane to take the lead
    , responded and under strong handling narrowly outran ROSEY GAL to the line. ROSEY GAL Was well
    placed four wide into the backstretch, four wide into the lane, asked, gained, battled and hung in
    the crucial stages to just miss. Distance, nose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Some good meetings matched 38,000 or more. The smaller races no you can't get a bet on.

The race last night, gutted to say the least. The horse mid field but ridden early, made headway in the straight, went ahead literally before the line and the other head down and got it.

I've been doing 'test' bets and ironically the majority have went in and typical last night.

The form I find is tedious compared to the UK, probably just because I'm not used to it. I use Equibase and a lot of previous form is in .pdf format.

I think money can be made on the usa racing, obviously not as much as the UK, I'll need to start reading the form faster though thats for sure.

The footnotes from the race in question was...

Caribbean Girl was well placed along the rail, gained inside into the lane to take the lead
    , responded and under strong handling narrowly outran ROSEY GAL to the line. ROSEY GAL Was well
    placed four wide into the backstretch, four wide into the lane, asked, gained, battled and hung in
    the crucial stages to just miss. Distance, nose

Fair enough. Watch a bit of the action on the big nights but rarely if ever get involved tbh.

What are test bets if you dont mind me asking? Im not familiar with that term?

It's just my own term, I made note bets/stakes profit and loss. The little elephant in the room with the us racing is just before the off I've seen a cluster of bets 2000/3000 right at the off and regardless of price, whether it be 1.8 or 3.0, the money is usually right. So form and money on betfair has to come into account in my opinion.

I'm heading to Donegal now for a wedding tomorrow. All the best, and good luck if you're betting.

Why would you be having a max bet in a claimer at an American regional track?

I just saw your post there. There is a few reasons behind me having my max bet on that particular race.

A max bet to me is my daily allowance which currently stands at a few K. This can and will fluctuate depending on winning/losing runs. Yesterday I had 3 bets on the UK racing, 1 bet and 2 max bets, my 2 max bets on the UK racing obliged.
    On the us race I was uber confident my selection would win, it lost by a nose but it's as good as a 10 length loser. I then left my betting at that for the evening and still made a decent amount yesterday.

So far today, I'm up a decent amount, 2 wins and a loss, will I have a bet on the usa racing this evening, maybe I'll see.

If you'd like to have a conversation with me about racing or betting I'd love to chat with you, but why do people ask stupid silly questions like yours is beyond me. The answer is clear I thought, I honestly thought it would win full stop.

Advertisement