Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody has tried Digiweb Electric broadband?

Options
  • 14-11-2018 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

I live in Swords in a block of apartments that is not served yet by fibre broadband (every house in the road is connected except my block of apartments, they should connect it within 18 months :( ).

I was checking the options and I've found this Digiweb Electric Broadband.
    As far as I understood the few lines written in their website, the high speed (up to 1000mbps if their claims are true ) broadband will reach my house through the esb electric lines.

So I guess every house with electricity might have it.
    Did anyone tried it? Is it reliable?

Do you know any alternative high-speed broadband that doesn't rely on fibre optic cables connected to your house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

I'm also considering getting this. Would anyone know the installation time from when the order has been made?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

spupazza wrote: »
    I live in Swords in a block of apartments that is not served yet by fibre broadband (every house in the road is connected except my block of apartments, they should connect it within 18 months :( ).

I was checking the options and I've found this Digiweb Electric Broadband.
    As far as I understood the few lines written in their website, the high speed (up to 1000mbps if their claims are true ) broadband will reach my house through the esb electric lines.

So I guess every house with electricity might have it.
    Did anyone tried it? Is it reliable?

Do you know any alternative high-speed broadband that doesn't rely on fibre optic cables connected to your house?

This is bacily SIRO, speed is good on cabled but using wifi you wont get the full speed, I have it through digiweb and im happy with it, Currently other than fibre there is noting that gives this sort of speeds but very little requires this sort of speed either.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

I'm also considering getting this. Would anyone know the installation time from when the order has been made?

Varies from area to area, mine said 2-3 weeks but due to a cancellation I had it in a week

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭9726_9726

This does not come over your electricity wires.

SIRO (the wholesale provider) installs fibre optic cable alongside electricity wires. This would need to be done first for you to get the service.

Advertisement