Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir broadband problems

Options
  • 13-11-2018 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi,

Our internet and TV is with Eir. I was having trouble since just after 7pm loading some websites. The problems seem to be with graphic heavy sites but Netflix on my laptop has no problems.

My AppleTV is can load iTunes movie menus but cannot play any films, downloading apps is very, very slow, Netflix is slow to load but does play.

Is anyone else having a problem?

On the router the icons for internet and wifi are flashing like mad. I cannot remember if they are supposed to flash.

EDIT: Graphics heavy websites are not the only sites. I can't even get on the Eir website. I tried Eir support earlier but couldn't get through so I thought it was widespread issue but usually they put a message on the support menu.

EDIT 2: I've just discovered that I can only play some movies and TV shows on Netflix,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Fair few tweets like this:
    https://twitter.com/NigelMercier/status/1062441151955918848

Might be a core fault somewhere. With a huge install base it can be hard to determine whats a normal complaint level and whats a big outage.

S99NG2N.png

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭LazySamaritan

ED E wrote: »
    Fair few tweets like this:
    https://twitter.com/NigelMercier/status/1062441151955918848

Might be a core fault somewhere. With a huge install base it can be hard to determine whats a normal complaint level and whats a big outage.

S99NG2N.png

Thank you for the information.

I googled Eir and various keywords but was getting nothing about any problems. I was worried it was just mine which would mean God knows when someone would come to fix it.

Strangely enough the TV is working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Not sure if this is related, my Munster Broadband WISP connection has been up and down all evening, Boher mast, east Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭LazySamaritan

I didn't have time to check the AppleTV but internet on the laptop seems to be fine and the lights on the router were flashing differently to last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Noticed similar issues here in Kerry with FTTH since about 8pm yesterday .. so issue could be more widespread ... speeds are down and fluctuating a fair bit ... wonder if it is all related to that fibre cut in Limerick mention on the main FTTH thread ..

Advertisement