Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox one X download speed issue?

Options
  • 13-11-2018 11:10pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I’ve just upgraded from a loltastic 2mb/s connection to a Virgin Media 360mb/s connection and I have my Xbox One X connected via wired connection.

When I run a speed test on the console, I can see I’m getting the full 360 mb/s. However, my download speed for updates of games is an atrocious 20 mb/s on average.

Is this a long-standing issue with Xbox. Anyone with similar experiences?

Comments

I find my speed will bounce around between 20-50 mbps usually on the higher end I've a 70mbps connection. I find speeds will be bad when I'm preloading a game hours before it's release.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I am on 100MB FTTC and I consistently see nothing less than 75mbps, and regularly 90mbps.

You do sometimes get sub 20mbps but I would confident that would be on Microsoft's side and not your ISP.

This has just reminded me that I need to look into my connection. I'm with Virgin on a 360Mb connection. I have my Xbox wired (albeit with a 10m cable) and I was only getting about 40-50Mb/s on a big download recently. I decided to unplug my ethernet cable and use WiFi. Instantly my DL speed jumped to over 100Mb/s.

Advertisement