Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powered by the Apocalypse RPG

Options
  • 13-11-2018 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭

Powered by the Apocalypse is a system for RPGs that has quite simple rules and the players can have a good deal of control over what happens and what the world is like. It's been suggested here a few times, so I thought it might be time to have a go.

I've two suggestions, based on whether people want a jokey or serious tone to the game.

The Veil: A cyberpunk game, think Blade Runner, Akira, Ghost in the Shell and Robocop.

Monster of the Week: Title says it all, you're monster hunters. Think Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Supernatural or a less serious X-files.

The Veil is the serious one, in the same way that Blade Runner is more serious than Buffy, i.e. the general tone is darker and more philosophical.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Evade

I'd love to give either a shot but I'm busy most evenings until March.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Count me in anyhap Four. Preference for Monster of the Week but I'll play either.

I call Giles though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Evade wrote: »
    I'd love to give either a shot but I'm busy most evenings until March.
    I'd be looking for a less intense schedule for this one (i.e. not most evenings), so if there are fixed evenings where you are free it might work.

Fourier wrote: »
    I'd be looking for a less intense schedule for this one (i.e. not most evenings), so if there are fixed evenings where you are free it might work.
    Either Monday or Wednesday depending on the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Sounds like someone gave up on Buffy in seasons 1-3! I'll take a unicorn dream any day of the week...

If there's a free seat I'll take it - bagsie me be "The Wronged"! Happy to step back if there are any new players lurking though.

• Advertisement

Okay Monster of the Week then.

I'd probably run it more than one night a week Evade, but if you were happy having your character paused or something it might work. Otherwise I'll run "The Veil" in March.

We can try it and see hoe it pans out.

Advertisement