Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will a US Smartwatch work in Ireland

Options
  • 13-11-2018 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

May sound like a stupid question but do you see any problems with using a US Smartwatch in Ireland.
    It looks like BestBuy in the US will have a good discount of the Fossil Explorist Gen 4 for Black Friday and I was thinking of ordering

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Arbie

A Wi-Fi one should be fine - I know people who got Apple and Samsung watches in USA. I wouldn't get a 4G/LTE watch as they may not be compatible with SIMs here.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

4G watches are useless here as no telco offers companion SIMs nevermind eSIMs for Apple Watches.

That'll work here, just beware its Android not Wear OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭kop-end

ED E wrote: »
    4G watches are useless here as no telco offers companion SIMs nevermind eSIMs for Apple Watches.

Are you sure? All the info I have here says its Wear OS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Must have looked at the wrong spec sheet, apologies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

ED E wrote: »

I've a Verizon Watch 24 and it works just fine.
    I got it for a song but did turn off the embedded SIM card.
    Works great, recently updated to the latest WearOS version too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement