Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Visa/Document Check Desk Location?

Options
  • 13-11-2018 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Where is this in Dublin airport? Traveling on Thursday morning and will be checking in a bag.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Hi,

Where is this in Dublin airport? Traveling on Thursday morning and will be checking in a bag.

Thanks in advance.

Right down the end of T1 (opposite end to security)

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

It's hectic since the change in baggage policy so arrive with time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Thanks everyone. We had no idea this needed to be done until we tried to check-in. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭dennyk

You can get it done at the bag check desk in Dublin (which, as Sheep Shagger said, is on the far right side of T1 as you enter from the street, opposite side from security). You'll have to flag down one of the wandering staff in the bag check area or go stand in the problem customer queue at the one staffed counter now that they've gone to those automated bag kiosks and conveyors, though, as you otherwise won't interact with anyone when checking your bag itself these days.

You can also usually get it done at the Ryanair ticket desk in Dublin, or at least you could the last couple times I flew without a checked bag. Only works at airports where they have a separate Ryanair ticket desk with Ryanair's own staff, though (like Dublin); if it's one of those shared desks you find at some airports for half a dozen different LCCs, they won't be able to help and will tell you to go wait in the bag check queue when it opens.

Also, when they stamp you, make sure they don't stamp on top of your boarding pass's bar code; they've done that to me a couple times and I had to run all the way back to the check-in desk from security to get a new one printed because my pass wouldn't scan anymore.

Edit: And like Lyle said, be sure to arrive in good time; not only will there be more people checking luggage now (and confused over the new rules), the check in desk is as far from security as possible and the gate will also be as far from security as possible, so you're going to be in for a long walk (well over a kilometer all in all, no joke...).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

All good lads!! Just through. Thanks for the help!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement