Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance refusing to cover car storage fees Need advice!

Options
  • 12-11-2018 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi...will try keep it short and sweet. I was involved in car accident in October.

Other driver admitted full liability, Garda on scene etc. Garda arranged to have my car towed to a centre.

I am claiming against other driver's insurance myself. My car is a write off and insurance are giving me market value.

To get to this stage has taken me weeks of constant ringing and hassling as insurance were not playing ball.

Other driver's Insurance company said I was not entilited to courtesy car so have spent past 4 weeks with no car.

Then today they informed me that a salvage company has bought my car (all news to me!) and so insurance will pay me the difference. They also told me to ring salvage company myself to negotiate their payment of salvage worth.

Salvage company say storage fees are to be paid by me before they can take car.

The insurance company that I am claiming against say they will not pay storage fees.

I am not in a position to pay the fees for something that was not my fault in any way.

How do I approach this scenario to get it resolved as fast as possible?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Hire a claims assessor

Advertisement