Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Where are the All Blacks this week?

  • 12-11-2018 12:15pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭ Arequipa


    Hi!

    I was hoping to watch the All Blacks train and to even meet some of the players if possible..

    Do you know where they are based?
    Is it possible to watch them or meet a few of them?

    Thanks a mil!

    A


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭ Buer


    Arequipa wrote: »
    Hi!

    I was hoping to watch the All Blacks train and to even meet some of the players if possible..

    Do you know where they are based?
    Is it possible to watch them or meet a few of them?

    Thanks a mil!

    A

    I haven't heard where they are this time but they've always stayed and trained out at Castleknock Hotel on all of their recent visits.


  • Registered Users Posts: 42 ✭✭✭ Shero1985


    Crowne Plaza in Blanch.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 Former Former


    Yeah, they're staying in the Crowne Plaza which is beside Blanchardstown Shopping Centre so obviously no pitches there.

    IIRC the last time they were here they trained at the Garda rugby club in Westmanstown.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭ arsebiscuits1


    Where are the All Blacks this week?

    Ireland. Playing a match here on Saturday.


  • Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭ Buer


    Shero1985 wrote: »
    Crowne Plaza in Blanch.

    That's a bit of an odd location. Going to be a lot of noise and bustle around there.

    I wonder is there any chance of getting the 24 hour drive through at Krispy Kreme opened up again this week?!


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 Former Former


    Buer wrote: »
    That's a bit of an odd location. Going to be a lot of noise and bustle around there.

    Sure they're from New Zealand, probably delighted to be getting the chance to buy clothes that aren't Lee jeans and string vests and see movies that were actually released in the current year.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭ Losty Dublin


    Yeah, they're staying in the Crowne Plaza which is beside Blanchardstown Shopping Centre so obviously no pitches there.

    IIRC the last time they were here they trained at the Garda rugby club in Westmanstown.

    They're really splashing out this year. Maybe the Ballymun Isis was booked out when they checked.


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    Great location for me once again. Still trying to get my kids to support the ABs over Ireland. Meeting Beauden could be the clincher.


  • Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭ Buer


    Basil3 wrote: »
    Great location for me once again. Still trying to get my kids to support the ABs over Ireland. Meeting Beauden could be the clincher.

    You could contact the team and arrange a meeting? He'll probably miss you though.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭ KBurke85


    Yeah, they're staying in the Crowne Plaza which is beside Blanchardstown Shopping Centre so obviously no pitches there.

    IIRC the last time they were here they trained at the Garda rugby club in Westmanstown.

    They couldn't stay in Castleknock as it was already booked by the Irish Soccer team.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭ RugbyLover123


    Met Sonny Bill walking around Blanch last night myself!


  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭ Arequipa


    Thanks for the Replies!
    The Crowne Plaza in Blanch... That is a strange hotel to pick...

    Compared to the Irish Team, who stay at Carton House, which a quiet location with great pitches and everything the lads need...

    So any ideas where they will be training?


    A


  • Registered Users Posts: 21,046 ✭✭✭✭ Squidgy Black


    Arequipa wrote: »
    Thanks for the Replies!
    The Crowne Plaza in Blanch... That is a strange hotel to pick...

    Compared to the Irish Team, who stay at Carton House, which a quiet location with great pitches and everything the lads need...

    So any ideas where they will be training?


    A

    More than likely they'll be closed sessions, not open to the public.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭ Mc Love


    Radisson Blu in St. Helens would have been nicer too, and I think the Ireland team has stayed there too.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,758 ✭✭✭ Hurrache


    Arequipa wrote: »
    Thanks for the Replies!
    The Crowne Plaza in Blanch... That is a strange hotel to pick...

    Compared to the Irish Team, who stay at Carton House, which a quiet location with great pitches and everything the lads need...

    So any ideas where they will be training?


    A

    The National Sports Campus is just behind the Crowne Plaza with all the aforementioned facilities.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭ madds


    Hurrache wrote: »
    The National Sports Campus is just behind the Crowne Plaza with all the aforementioned facilities.

    That's where they're training alright.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,758 ✭✭✭ Hurrache


    madds wrote: »
    That's where they're training alright.

    Saw a clip on the news earlier and thought they were there. I wonder do they have scheduled public training sessions?


  • Registered Users Posts: 21,046 ✭✭✭✭ Squidgy Black


    Hurrache wrote: »
    Saw a clip on the news earlier and thought they were there. I wonder do they have scheduled public training sessions?

    They won't. The ABs rarely do open sessions at home, and almost never do them abroad.


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭ Venjur


    They won't. The ABs rarely do open sessions at home, and almost never do them abroad.

    They did an open session in 2015 but cut it short when Rassie Erasmus was spotted in a nearby tree with a notepad and a set of binoculars.


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    Hung out in the lobby of Crowne Plaza for an hour or so, and the kids got photos with Beauden Barrett, Kieran Read, Brodie Retallick and Damian McKenzie (among others). They're over the moon.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭ Arequipa


    Ah, nice one...were they nice lads?


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    Arequipa wrote: »
    Ah, nice one...were they nice lads?

    All more than happy to have their photo taken. Not all that talkative, though!


Advertisement