Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Crochet Blankets Regulations?

Options
  • 11-11-2018 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

Could anybody guide/advise me on regulations to sell hand Crocheted baby blankets on Etsy or local markets in Ireland please? Is there anything I should do to make them 'legally sellable'? Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hi everyone,

Could anybody guide/advise me on regulations to sell hand Crocheted baby blankets on Etsy or local markets in Ireland please? Is there anything I should do to make them 'legally sellable'? Thank you in advance

Not sure what you mean by "legally sellable"?

To sell at local markets you will almost certainly need insurance.

As for standards? I sold hand knitting and crochet over a wide range for well over a decade at markets, craft fairs etc and there were no quality checks.

Food trading is a very different matter of course.

Why not contact a market near you? Or better still, try to get a table at one of the many Christmas craft fairs in your area? They will simply ask what you are selling etc. And tell you what insurance they require.

No idea re etsy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

One thing to remember when making crochet baby blankets is that there should not be large holes for the baby fingers to get caught. I've been told this by people who work with babies, i.e. nurses. Check out this link and read the post at the end by Carolyn Stanzel:

http://littlemonkeyscrochet.com/call-the-midwife-inspired-baby-blanket-free-pattern/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,203 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There are regulations for food and for toys and baby/toddler items, but things like crochet blankets, cushion covers, that kind of thing there are not. It would be helpful to specify yarn used (I have a daughter who can identify 2% wool in clothing!) and washing instructions.

Advertisement