Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any direct flights to sunny spots in Dec

Options
  • 11-11-2018 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

as per title is there any spots that one can fly directly from Dublin
    to get some sun +20 degrees in December, i know this time of year main destinations would be Asia and Caribbean, but if one wanted no stop over flights seems like there's no real options for 5 days getaways without stops in between. Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭votecounts

Canaries all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Abu Dhabi? Eithads fly daily. It’s the rainy season in the Caribbean ( I’m here at the moment)

Or the Canary Islands

• Registered Users Posts: 15,906 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

We just head to Southern Spain. Most years up to 22 December or so. It is hit and miss weatherwise, but honestly the blue skies and later sunset makes up for it though.

And then when you get back, the days are getting longer here too!

And you miss all the tat and shyte Christmas stuff here too. Win win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Southern Spain or canaries any good locations facing south ? i know at this time weather cant be guaranteed but anything that would spring one into shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

Go to Faro in Portugal or Malaga in Spain. Both are around 2.5 hours away. Weather can be hit and miss, though. I was lucky enough to have sun each time and temperatures around 20 degrees. Friends I know had a week of rain and temperatures in the middle teens.

Canaries is further and more expensive but you have a much greater chance that it will not rain.

• Advertisement
Advertisement