Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 9 | Episode 6 | Who Are You Now? [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 11-11-2018 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

The Walking Dead - Season 9

Episode 6 - "Who Are You Now?"

Airdate - November 11th on AMC at 9/8c | November 12th on FOX UK at 9PM

The survivors encounter unfamiliar faces and must decide if this new group can be trusted.

* This is an extended 80 minute episode (including commercials)

Promo

Sneak Peek

How did you rate this episode? 42 votes

0%
    0%
    11%
    lescolcharlietheminxxebbsydownesysabhail 5 votes
    23%
    YakuzairlirishkevSpook_iewillowthewispChiorinochrisireCYHSNsnowgalfoozzybear61CiaranW 10 votes
    16%
    frashYakultFreudianSlippersDarth Melkorw/s/p/c/cathaljgreenwaving 7 votes
    14%
    Mc Lovemojesiusfritzellyfranklyon[Deleted User]clunky 6 votes
    14%
    machiavellianmeterryduff12treade1GetWithItForeign SportsPeatys 6 votes
    14%
    LFCFanParkman77Sudden Valley8mvGwynplainejrkb 6 votes
    4%
    Maravilla33Mac B 2 votes
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

The opening minutes of episode 6;

NUTZZ wrote: »
    The Walking Dead - Season 9

Episode 6 - "Who Are You Now?"

Airdate - November 11th on AMC at 9/8c | November 12th on FOX UK at 9PM

* This is an extended 80 minute episode (including commercials)

Episode run time is 54 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

what a strange first episode after the time jump. Thought they were introduce some mystery or potential bad guys but no they just waste the 54 mins running time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Definitely a different tone to this episode. I'm kinda glad of that actually, a significant length of time has passed since Rick disappeared and the show needed to move on, in ways. Obviously something went down in the intervening years, what with all the allusions to "since........you know". Clearly something happened with Michonne, with that scar and her general attitude. I see the Saviour Laura is now part of Alexandria and even sits on the council. Just shows how much time has passed, as she was one of Negan's main group back in the day.

I think Judith will be the one thing that un-does Negan. I presume he gets out of jail somehow, possibly goes rogue again, and has the opportunity to inflict some pain/damage/death to the group but will be stopped somehow by Li'l Asskicker. Cue a tearful breakdown and hugs. Kumbaya. You read it here first, folks :)

Isn't that the second time Carol has burned a bunch of Saviours to death? Paula et al, S6. Damn!

Side note, I wonder will Jadis/Anne be mentioned at all, seeing as she disappeared at the same time that Rick 'died'. Will she return to the show at some stage, or will she go the way of Heath, never to be mentioned again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Some bits were good others jarring. Nice to see Carol hadn't lost her touch.
    Thought priest and gi Jane was a weird pairing. Especially since we saw him with jadis only last week. Negan and Judith happy chatting was odd aswell.
    Looks like 4 yrs have passed. Michonnes boy looked about 3, plus 1 yr ish pregnancy. Her scar was intriguing. Almost a branding.
    I thought Daryl would go off on his own early this season so would have liked to see him more nomad before joining the group again

Will be interesting to see hilltop too and who's in charge if not maggie? Maybe carls ex?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Very forgettable episode - nothing happened!
    Only highlight the burning but...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I liked this episode, nice slow shift into a new era for our band of survivors, a few touching moments, and an introduction to a new mysterious threat right at the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Talking Dead ( not the talkshow )
    Don't let them get away

Had to replay it to make sure I'd heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Do we know exactly the time jump...I assumed michonnes son wasn’t ricks, like carols hair wouldn’t have grown that length in three years...although sure Judith’s about seven now

Ok never mind. Carol must be on those hair and nail vitamins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Rfrip wrote: »
    Do we know exactly the time jump...I assumed michonnes son wasn’t ricks, like carols hair wouldn’t have grown that length in three years...although sure Judith’s about seven now

Ok never mind. Carol must be on those hair and nail vitamins

After last weeks episode, I read a synopsis for this episode and it said it was now 6 years after Rick's departure. Think it was mentioned on the Talking Dead that Judith was now supposed to be 10.

In relation to the episode, it was a bit of a slow re-start which is to be expected. Aaron is like Ash from the Evil Dead with his new arm / Daryl is like Obi Wan living out in the wilderness!

Interested to see what the cause of Michonne's scar was and the incident which they teased. Maggie and her have a scrap, causing Maggie's departure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

That was bloody dreadful to be honest. Had honestly held out a bit of hope for it at last improving, now I'm leaning towards just not watching it any more. Absolute drivel to rival any of the predecessors worst efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Thought this season has been much better in general than the last couple but this episode was a return to that forgettable dross......ham acting/no characters that would hold my interest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I thought that was decent. Bit slow as someone mentioned and something of a mixed bag but certainly nowhere near the level of peak rubbish WD. People have short memories IMO.

I think they did the right thing with Carol getting rid of those Saviour remnants. The last thing the show needed was another gang of outlaw types roaming around providing a convenient 'bad guys' option for the main group to run into. They're gone, we can all move on.

A few asides. What the hell happened to Eugene?! The stupid mullet goes and the boy has turned into a man, or at least something resembling a man and not a gibbering, nervous nelly. That chase scene at the end with him and Rosita was good. It reminded me a bit of that brilliant episode from season 2 when Shane and a Otis were trying to escape the walkers. That was one of the all time great WD scenes btw.

Carol looks utterly ridiculous. Could they not have done something a bit more realistic? And as someone said, Rosita and Father Gabriel? Not for me.

My big concern going into this was how Rick's exit would affect the show. Could it handle the departure of its star man, someone who basically drove the whole thing? We won't know for a while but I don't think this episode suffered because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Maravilla33

I have no hope for the future of their world. The kids are all way too annoying/stupid....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I dont watch this anymore but
    are the undead actually talking now?
    Does that happen in the comics? Gave up on that aswell due to the repetitive stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Thargor wrote: »
    I dont watch this anymore but
    are the undead actually talking now?
    Does that happen in the comics? Gave up on that aswell due to the repetitive stupidity.
    nope, new human villain group who pretend to be walkers to lure victims

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I've never seen a thread devoted to a TV show that has so many posts from people who don't actually watch it anymore. Is this strange feature particular to Walking Dead or does this happen regularly with other shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I've never seen a thread devoted to a TV show that has so many posts from people who don't actually watch it anymore. Is this strange feature particular to Walking Dead or does this happen regularly with other shows?

Walking dead is always a banker to get awarded most overrated show of the year on boards awards despite 95% of people pissing over it :pac:

I include myself in this but we all secretly love it really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

engiweirdo wrote: »
    That was bloody dreadful to be honest. Had honestly held out a bit of hope for it at last improving, now I'm leaning towards just not watching it any more. Absolute drivel to rival any of the predecessors worst efforts.

Is that a threat. Noone's stopping you not watching it.

• Advertisement

Is that a threat. Noone's stopping you not watching it.

You ok hun? xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

engiweirdo wrote: »
    You ok hun? xxx

Yeah, I am grand! I am not the one wasting an hour every week watching a show I hate! Or following a thread of same show!

Criticise away bu this whole "I am considering not watching it anymore" is pathetically tiresome!

Yeah, I am grand! I am not the one wasting an hour every week watching a show I hate! Or following a thread of same show!

Criticise away bu this whole "I am considering not watching it anymore" is pathetically tiresome!

Sure what else would ya be doing? Who said hate? It was genuinely my fave show. Then took a prolonged turn toward mediocre. Then hope for change with Gimples departure, a slight improvement then boom best episode in years last week. Things might be finally getting better.......Nope. After roping in what's left of the audience back to absolutely dour filler material the week after.

So yes, am seriously pondering whether it's worth continuing with at this stage. Should it continue in the same vein it's not a decision I need worry about anyway.

Maybe, if you don't wish to read opinion, a discussion forum isn't the best spot to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Rosita and Gabriel are such an odd couple, even more than Carol and the King!

I actually enjoyed the episode mostly the talking zombies scene. I wasn't expecting it as I don't read comics/spoilers and tbh it did creep me out which TWD hasn't done in years! Obviously i know now that they're
    the Whisperers

Too many false conversations for the sake of explaining things to the viewer but overall I enjoyed the change of pace so hopefully it will continue to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Talking zombies - such disappointment ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Maybe you missed the spoiler memo around that.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Carol has absolutely no chill.

I'd guess that the group was badly betrayed sometime in the last six years. Someone they'd taken in and trusted.

That scar was pretty weird all right. Almost like a brand all right. Had thought it was a weird incision, but that wouldn't make sense.

I like Judith, brings a bit of youth and energy back.

That new group don't seem like red shirts. I'd say we're keeping them for a while.

Michonne was a lawyer before, right? So she recognized the tats. Or did they meet some other criminal in the intervening years?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

MarkR wrote: »

Michonne was a lawyer before, right? So she recognized the tats. Or did they meet some other criminal in the intervening years?

tat knowledge is common enough but they did live in the prison with prisoners for a while .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

decent episode but I'm not sure I like where it's going.
    Honestly haven't liked it in a while.

carol's superpowers are just nonsense.

finds group after separating from them earlier , sneaks in , petrols them , then burns them, no bother .
    cinemagraph like she is the terminator.
    fcuk off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

paw patrol wrote: »
    carol's superpowers are just nonsense.

finds group after separating from them earlier , sneaks in , petrols them , then burns them, no bother .

Yeah, did I miss a bit or did the Saviours not have anybody take turns keeping watch while they slept? That would seem like a silly mistake.

Advertisement