Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice places to eat with dog in tow

Options
  • 11-11-2018 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Any suggestions of nice places to eat with a small dog in tow, in Dublin?

Preferably indoors and dry!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Latatian wrote: »
    Any suggestions of nice places to eat with a small dog in tow, in Dublin?

Preferably indoors and dry!

Smithfield WUFF

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I've not eaten there myself but a friend recommends The Dog House in Howth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

+1 For the Dog House. It’s a big open area, while not inside, there was an open fire when we where last there. But also loads of seating and super cosy, it is covered with lots of indoor chairs and furniture on a covered patio.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,413 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Again, not indoors but it's covered and heated - the terrace of Gotham Cafe on South Anne St.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

Doyles Corner pub in Phibsboro. Dogs are allowed in the snug area at all times and there's a decent pub grub menu. On Wednesdays they do a doggy date evening where dogs are allowed in the lounge as well and they have a meal deal for two that also includes a dog beer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

mosi wrote: »
    Doyles Corner pub in Phibsboro. Dogs are allowed in the snug area at all times and there's a decent pub grub menu. On Wednesdays they do a doggy date evening where dogs are allowed in the lounge as well and they have a meal deal for two that also includes a dog beer!

Nice, if that wasnt out of the way, Id go somewhat regular, I'll have to make a point of seeing what its like. Thats what I like about the UK, can bring a dog into pubs in more places I think than here, dont think Ive ever seen someone with their dog in a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

1874 wrote: »
    Nice, if that wasnt out of the way, Id go somewhat regular, I'll have to make a point of seeing what its like. Thats what I like about the UK, can bring a dog into pubs in more places I think than here, dont think Ive ever seen someone with their dog in a pub.

I have. Even seen a man with a dog at Mass....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Latatian

Just to update Wuff does not let dogs in. Sat out thoigh and it was pleasant albeit cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

Latatian wrote: »
    Just to update Wuff does not let dogs in. Sat out thoigh and it was pleasant albeit cold.

Try Two Pups on Francis Street. They allow dogs inside while you eat and have a small sign saying so on the door. Just note tho they get really busy at lunchtime and kitchen closes at 15:00 but are open till 16:00.

Same with White Moose Cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭finla

The Blue Light in Barnacullia, Sandyford always lets dogs in. Limited menu and make sure your dog doesn't mind other dogs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

finla wrote: »
    The Blue Light in Barnacullia, Sandyford always lets dogs in. Limited menu and make sure your dog doesn't mind other dogs!

My dog has been there loads of times but it’s very much a pub think toasty sambos may be as far as that goes. Great spot to hike to for a few pints though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Just came across this site while Googling ...

https://www.packthepooch.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 32 CarolineBee

I live in Manchester and this is something I really struggle with when I come home, my not small dog goes everywhere with me over here and it’s so fab having adventure days out knowing we can stop somewhere lovely for lunch or a coffee.
    When I come home the lovely lunches are swapped for something on the go from a petrol station deli... the flip side is my poor dad can’t cope with the doggy corner in my local pub.. water bowls, toy box and doggy treat shelf. Not the usual fare he’s used to :)

Advertisement