Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Visa Rewards

Options
  • 11-11-2018 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭
    M

I see Ulster Bank are now running Visa Rewards.

Very similar initial offers like AIB, highlights right now are...
    €10 off €100 spend at Smyths Toys
    €5 off €50 spend at Circle K (ye olden Topaz)
    €5 off €50 spend at Boots
    20% back for MyTaxi
    15% back for Just Eat

https://ulsterbankroi.visaoffers.eu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Probably has to be visa credit rather than Debit does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Ulster Bank credit cards are MasterCard though

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

I've just signed up with my debit card

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The webpage address doesn't seem very "Ulster-banky"

Edit: Nevermind. Went through the UB site and it pointed to the same address

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Good find.
    Pity Ulster didn't inform me they were doing this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Good find.

Neither BOI nor PTSB informed me at the time either, so it seems they're all offering it, just not great at promoting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Fair point.
    Can stick AIB in the mix as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Good find.

It's plastered all over their website.

Many people would have opted out of marketing communications so Ulster literally cannot tell them. I know I did.

Am I reading the terms & conditions right? You only get one 20% cashback for mytaxi and a single 15% cashback on justeat?
    That's complete sh1t

Offer valid on the Just Eat app for one order. Offer is limited to 1 cashback per Cashback Service account
    Mytaxi:Offer is limited to 1 cashback per Cashback Service account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Am I reading the terms & conditions right? You only get one 20% cashback for mytaxi and a single 15% cashback on justeat?
    That's complete sh1t

Isn’t it better than nothing !?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭Alkers

Am I reading the terms & conditions right? You only get one 20% cashback for mytaxi and a single 15% cashback on justeat? That's complete sh1t

That's my understanding also, although they may add more similar offers in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

It's exactly the same as AIB.
    So much so that my browser tried to log me in with my AIB visa rewards details

Is AIb one use only for each merchant too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I'm fairly confident that these are the same offers given by other Visa customer banks. It's also important to clarify that only the card gets the benefit, so you cannot use your Visa debit card via Apple Pay or Google Pay. It needs to be your physical card.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is AIb one use only for each merchant too?

They all are.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Thanks OP. Shame they can only be used once but better than nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Also now have €10 off €80 spend at Dunnes Stores, same as AIB.

I'm going to open an account with PTSB to have a 3rd rewards gig, might as well have 3 cards on the go with these offers, even with the €5 annual duty it's a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 28112827

There’s another Dunnes €10 off €80 showing for me today, valid until 12/12.

I did already get the last Dunnes €10 off €80, just waiting for the money to drop into account.

Spent with 2 x €10 off €50 vouchers, get €100 of shopping for €70, good deal.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

28112827 wrote: »

I did already get the last Dunnes €10 off €80, just waiting for the money to drop into account.

Says online that the limit is one cash back per account.

kceire wrote: »
    Says online that the limit is one cash back per account.

Yes, my experience with AIB is exactly that. But the voucher no longer appeared in the app once redeemed, so no confusion.

In this case, the new voucher appeared after I had redeemed the first one. Shopping there anyway, so worth a try.

• Advertisement

Guys,

Out of curiosity, when should you see the cash back in your account or at least acknowledgment of the transaction.

Money has been taken from the account and item is delivered today from Currys.

Guys,

Out of curiosity, when should you see the cash back in your account or at least acknowledgment of the transaction.

For me, it’s been 3-4 business days from the transaction date. Did Smyths and Circle K on Thursday, had cash back following Tuesday. Did Dunnes at weekend, got cash back yesterday.

For me, it’s been 3-4 business days from the transaction date. Did Smyths and Circle K on Thursday, had cash back following Tuesday. Did Dunnes at weekend, got cash back yesterday.

Acknowledgement of the transaction on site was approx 2 days... you should also get a mail around this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

Do BOI visa rewards ever do Dunnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have both an AIB and BOI cards and the offers are the same, dates and everything.

When you have a query you are dealing with a US Customer service team. I've gotten a few quid back across both cards. Worth it registering to be fair. Got €15 back on the Lego thing, €10 back from Dunnes(on both the BOI and AIB) so basicaly €20 total. A whopping €1.96 from Fragrance direct as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Joziburg wrote: »
    Do BOI visa rewards ever do Dunnes?

Expired yesterday €10 when you spend over €80.(couldn't use other vouchers with it the T&Cs say)

Guys,

Just to update on this.
    Boughtnioad on Curry’s.ie on Wednesday.
    Delivered today (Friday)
    Email this evening confirming cashback if €91.40 is being processed.

Thanks Visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Has anyone bought of Topman? They have s deal for 30% back. I activated and used the offer on Nov 22nd. Spent €150 , due to get €45 back but it never came through. I ordered off Debenhams the week before and that came back within a few days. I emailed the customer service. They came back asking a few questions (all of which I had given in my email). That was over a week ago and heard nothing back

Just to update, this second €10 off €80 at Dunnes has just been confirmed as cashback in my account.

• Advertisement

Just to update on this.
    Boughtnioad on Curry’s.ie on Wednesday.
    Delivered today (Friday)
    Email this evening confirming cashback if €91.40 is being processed.

Thanks Visa.

Final update on this.
    Money back in account on Monday.

Advertisement