Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jams/Jellies/Chutneys

Options
  • 10-11-2018 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I have made a lot of jams, chutneys and jellies this year (bumper crops due to summer sun!). I am thinking of selling it, but I have no idea where or how is best to go about it! Any advice would be much appreciated. I have around 100 jars ready to grow (I had more and had been giving it away but my friends all have some now).

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mod: This would fit better in the Food forum, I'm going to move it there. Keep in mind that at that point the charter of that forum will apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭phormium

If you want to do it correctly then check first with EHO at local HSE offices, regulations etc apply to selling food. If you get the ok there then you could look at taking a table at any local Christmas markets, although markets may look for you to have public liability insurance and ideally you should have product liability too.

Advertisement