Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday 9th November

Options
  • 09-11-2018 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

I'll be having a few bets today, some OK racing.

Hexam 1.40, Weather Front, currently having a fairly big lay bet on this. Looks a 2 horse race on paper so I suppose it would make sense to back the second fav Mistiroc but I'm going with a very decent lay bet on the fav currently around 1.84'ish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

irishgoat wrote: »

Hexam 1.40, Weather Front, currently having a fairly big lay bet on this. Looks a 2 horse race on paper so I suppose it would make sense to back the second fav Mistiroc but I'm going with a very decent lay bet on the fav currently around 1.84'ish.

A few? It's usually about 20 to 30 a day isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

Maybe 9 or 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Looking forward to seeing Kalashnikov out in a Novice Chase. Hopefully gets the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,438 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

No bet for me, but it would be lovely to see the 15 year old veteran See Double You win the 3:45.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

irishgoat wrote: »

Are you really laying all of these?

Few I like at Dundalk and will try and get round to posting them later on.

• Advertisement

On the topic from the other day MH. Dundalk is my guilty pleasure where i literally do whatever i want in terms of punting. Mainly over a few beers. haha

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Newcastle 19:15- Totally Magic 10/3 / Miss bates 10/1

Newcastle 19:45- Highwayman 9/1
    Newcastle 20:15- Zorawar 7/1
    Newcastle 20:45- Round The Island 11/1

Kalashnikov was fine i thought. A bit novicey. Looked very raw but still corrected himself a number of times and jumped well for the most part. Will certainly shape better for that run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Rarely have a decent bet these days but I think 25s about Victorious Secret(after the fav was withdrawn) in the 6.30 is huge and can't be missed.
    Has a lot going in her favour in my opinion and the drop in mark despite the show of half decent form last time out looks very generous.

Happy enough to take 9s on Atlas too, who if things fall right for should be very close.

E/W double the two also.

P.S. Dundalk Fridays are the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

6.30 Glenmoore: Poor efforts on last two runs but was held up for some reason and all best form is when being on or near the lead. Better draw tonight and be very surprised if not kicked into lead early, if returning to something like best then can definitely win off this mark. Stable out of sorts but would never let that put me off one I like. 25s with Paddy paying 1/5 odds first 4.

8.00 Have A Nice Day: Caught they eye a few times during the turf season (esp at Galway) and fair to assume still enough ability there to win a race of this nature. Has run well off back of breaks on several occasions, goes well round here and 7lb claimer has won three times on it. A fair few rogues in opposition and should be able to get into a decent sit from stall one. I made it a single figure price so 16/1 should be a spot of value provided I am not way off the mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

P.S. Dundalk Fridays are the best.

Like Clockwork, the 1st November comes around, the gambles go down at Dundalk, Christmas money for connections and stable staff. I find that its a case of weeding the bookmakers bluff/one jockey rolling liabilities from the downright in your face gambles.

Having said all that, the jockeys will do well to stay on the horses tonight if the weather is like it is in Wexford.

Whats the weather like in Dundalk ?

Having looked at the card, I thought DeBromhead's newcomer Cold War in the 7.30 was interesting, bred in Kentucky. Appeared at the Tattersalls Breeze up sales earlier this year. I believe it was bought by Richard Hughes although I see Heather DeBrom's name down as the owner. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

5.45 Newcastle, Arms of the Angel, laying this, currently around 2.66, running @ 7f today, I think the mile is the ideal distance.

6. Dundalk, Raynama, currently around 1.88'ish, seems to be one of these horses that find it very hard to get the head in front. I'm laying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,438 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Stealth surely worth a small ew poke at 20/1 in the last at Dundalk.

Advertisement