Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External hard drive

Options
  • 09-11-2018 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

Sorry for a noob question, my son has run out of space on his Xbox one S (1Tb) and needs extra storage.

Is it as simple as buying an external disk an plugging in or does it have to be a special one for ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 funky sausage

Sorry for a noob question, my son has run out of space on his Xbox one S (1Tb) and needs extra storage.

it is as simple as buying an external disk an plugging in

Work away, keep an eye out in bargain alerts, could you wait a bit for black Friday??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Argos had this 4TB for 84.99. It was available to order, not sure if it's still possible
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8268930/Trail/searchtext%3E4tb.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Hurrache wrote: »
    Argos had this 4TB for 84.99. It was available to order, not sure if it's still possible
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8268930/Trail/searchtext%3E4tb.htm

I had gotten a reservation for this 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting for it :(
    Argos have no update on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Is it as simple as buying an external disk an plugging in or does it have to be a special one for ?

Yup
    Must be USB3 tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I've got notification that my reservations for this drive are in. I'm wondering will they honor the price at that time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Amazon have a decent black Friday sale for the today (they're starting early), also worth looking at the wd site they've huge discounts on refurbish (used & repaired) HDD but stock is limited and usually out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

beauf wrote: »
    I've got notification that my reservations for this drive are in. I'm wondering will they honor the price at that time?

So I went into Argos in Blanchardstown, used the self service machine and it came up with the original price or €130, went to the till and asked the girl behind it about the reservation, she put it in and confirmed the price but she discounted it down to what it was 2 weeks ago which was pretty cool

Advertisement