Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angular JS Training

Options
  • 08-11-2018 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Can someone advise me on the best Angular JS training to go for?

Company are willing to pay so any platform really. Must be Angular JS.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

AngularJS (as in angular1) or Angular4+

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭SEORG

AngularJS (as in angular1) or Angular4+

Hi,

It's AngularJS version 1.7.5

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Udemy would be one of the best places to learn it, there are no courses for angular 1.x really anymore, everyones moved onto to Angular (insert version here) or react, personally I moved into vuejs but 1.x is only community supported now so dunno many places still using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Pluralsight is usually the best place for tech courses and certainly had a number of good AnugularJS courses some years back.

However, as already alluded to, are you sure you want to be learning a redundant technology? Everything is Angular now (very different to AngularJS).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Talisman

Udemy would be one of the best places to learn it, there are no courses for angular 1.x really anymore, everyones moved onto to Angular (insert version here) or react, personally I moved into vuejs but 1.x is only community supported now so dunno many places still using it.
    I know SalesForce were certainly pedalling AngularJS up until late 2017, they may still be doing so. It's a scary world out there, lots of legacy applications need to be maintained because there isn't a feasible plan to start fresh with new fangled frameworks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Talisman wrote: »
    I know SalesForce were certainly pedalling AngularJS up until late 2017, they may still be doing so. It's a scary world out there, lots of legacy applications need to be maintained because there isn't a feasible plan to start fresh with new fangled frameworks.

Trouble is, you'd end up refactoring everything every couple of years because of the next new fancy pants framework that's out

Trouble is, you'd end up refactoring everything every couple of years because of the next new fancy pants framework that's out

Or if you're using the current version of angular every 6 or so months, with every release comes breaking changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Talisman

AngularJS was never intended to be used to build big applications yet that is what happened. This year I was asked to take a look at an application with a view to me taking it on as a support contract - the application comprises of 8MB of JavaScript code excluding third party libraries. The code was hacked together by some people that didn't get AngularJS, there are no tests for the code and there are quite a few memory leaks. The company don't have the stomach for replacing the application with a new and improved one because the developers have quoted them ridiculous prices for doing so.

AngularJS will prove to be a gravy train for some developers in years to come, but they will have to be prepared to deal with a lot of crap code.

@SEORG: If you are looking to learn AngularJS for your job then the best resource is ng-book. Get the book, code and video package for $79. If your work is paying for it then get them to buy the team package for $299.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Or if you're using the current version of angular every 6 or so months, with every release comes breaking changes.

But the thing is most front-ends tend to be "write once, few minor tweaks over the next few years and then replace" or "large, continuously changing and lasts for many years", in which case, you should be upgrading with every release. It's similar to most enterprise level systems. Ideally, you should be keeping your back-end java/spring systems up to date as well, and not be maintaining a Java 1.4 system in 2018. It's the companies that leave large, complex systems fall behind that then spend a fortune trying to maintain as limiting "legacy" systems in years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭SEORG

Thanks for all the input folks.

We're using a third-party application that is built/over-engineered using AngularJS so, unfortunately, that's the one I need.

Plenty of online resources out here alright. I've been using Udemy, codecademy & edX.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement

https://github.com/CanopyTax/single-spa if you look into something like that you may be able to convince them to introduce a new framework.

Advertisement