Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good ethnic restaurant North Kildare,

Options
  • 08-11-2018 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭

Any good Indian / Chinese Restaurants in North Kildare?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Delhi Darbar in Celbridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭c6ysaphjvqw41k

Red Torch Ginger in Maynooth is a lovely Thai restaurant. But they do a lot of similar stuff to what you would find on a Chinese menu too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

L1011 wrote: »
    Delhi Darbar in Celbridge.

Have to disagree... used to be very good, but since the fire I reckon it's very poor although the last time was about 4 months ago

Ended up going to the sister restaurant in Lucan which is very good.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I have heard some complaints about the chicken, but I don't eat chicken much to at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Hoikaido in Celbridge also

very good Japanese/chinese

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Sushi in confey.

http://www.koshibaleixlip.ie

Not been

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

For delivery Korma at Home in Dunboyne deliver to Maynooth. Not sure where else they deliver to.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

Diep in Leixlip

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Mayur, Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

ixus wrote: »
    Sushi in confey.

http://www.koshibaleixlip.ie

Not been

Expensive, but seems to be holding up.

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Mayur, Naas

Naas, while technically KN, most would consider KN to end just south of Celbridge. KN is the part of Kildare with no cinema, public swimming pool etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

Indie Spice in Naas is top class - Family has gone there for years and always get a great feed - staff go out of their way to look after you. I can't fathom how it doesn't get a mention.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Korma at home in Dunboyne is great for eat in or take away.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

Hercule wrote: »
    I can't fathom how it doesn't get a mention.

Most people wouldn't consider Naas to be North Kildare

Basically North Kildare is the bit with all the rates & LPT income and no services and South Kildare is the opposite. Naas has services so falls in to the latter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Whilst not Kildare North, Kasturi in Lucan is close enough and worth a spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

That KinKhao in Greenfield , Maynooth is getting RAVE reviews.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

If this is XtraVision then yes, it's lovely. But go for a sit down meal, better menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Went there on Saturday. Food is absolutely gorgeous. Staff are lovely. But delay between courses pretty bad - did speak nicely to the manager about it and he took it on board. I think the staff there are all pretty new so I'll give them a pass this time. But they need to up their game in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭highdef

Some VERY mixed reviews on Tripadvisor yet Google reviews are very positive. I may give it a go anyway and judge for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

highdef wrote: »
    Some VERY mixed reviews on Tripadvisor yet Google reviews are very positive. I may give it a go anyway and judge for myself.
    I am thinking more of Facebook. Wouldn't really go on Tripadvisor myself unless I had an amazing experience or the owner was horrible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement