Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Contacts

Options
  • 07-11-2018 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

I want to upgrade some sensors and contacts that are connected to a HKC panel in the house.

What's the best way to cover this window properly with HKC sensors and contacts? At the moment, there's an ITEC inertia sensor and two MAXHUNT contacts on each side of the window. The HKC contacts in the catalogue seem to be much bigger than the existing ones, so it doesn't look like I'll be able to replicate exactly what's there now with them.

The HKC Intertia Sensor with MC (SEN-WR) won't cover the second window at each point if I tried to use that. The slimline sensors (SEN-ESWR) are a bit narrower, but don't think they're what I'm looking for. There's two products in the HKC catalogue: Magnetic Contact (JB-WR) and Magnet (MAG-0004). Is that what I'm looking for?

Am I better off going with HKC inertia sensors, but getting some replacement Maxhunt or other branded contacts altogether? The situation is similar on other doors and windows around the house.

Would appreciate any pointers on this.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If the windows are accessible then a combined sensor/contact is the best option.
    Would really need to see the locations to advise on best devices & positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mickthewig

Thanks very much for the reply.

This is the way the window is set up at the moment:

https://imgur.com/a/y0PsMyw

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What type of window frames are they?

I would say look at putting 2 combined sensor/contacts & 2 wired contacts.
    It might be about lining them up & seeing if you can cover all existing holes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Hi not to hijack your thread but I’m looking at adding contacts to my system. Is there a difference between RF-CW and a RF-CSW contact?

KoolKid wrote: »
    What type of window frames are they?

I would say look at putting 2 combined sensor/contacts & 2 wired contacts.
    It might be about lining them up & seeing if you can cover all existing holes etc.

They're PVC, so i'd probably be best to try to reuse or all least cover up some of the existing holes.

Do HKC do pre-wired contacts i can wire into the combined sensor/contacts?

• Advertisement

jayboi wrote: »
    Hi not to hijack your thread but I’m looking at adding contacts to my system. Is there a difference between RF-CW and a RF-CSW contact?

CW -Contact White
    CSW - Contact/Shock White

mickthewig wrote: »

Do HKC do pre-wired contacts i can wire into the combined sensor/contacts?

No, but any global prewired contacts will do.

Got some prewired contacts from one of the suppliers in the sticky. They're the same make and size as the old ones so the position of the screw holes are the same.

Thanks again for the advice.

That should work out well.
    Make sure you meter out those pre wired contacts . Some use Red/Black others use Red/Yellow.

Advertisement